cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do I have to re purchase my games?

H3nta1
Honored Guest

I recently switched from quest 2 to the rift s and I connected my account to the rift s  and I was able to download a few of my games back but I have games on my quest 2 that I cant download on the rift s and I'm confused and dont want to buy back all of my games again because it did cost a lot of money, I would love for some help on how to donwload them again and not have to re purchase them, any help would be appreicated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! We'd love to provide an answer for you. Games can only be accessed on the platform they're built for. There are, however, a few games and apps available for both Rift S and Quest 2. If you want to find more titles that are cross-buy look here!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! We'd love to provide an answer for you. Games can only be accessed on the platform they're built for. There are, however, a few games and apps available for both Rift S and Quest 2. If you want to find more titles that are cross-buy look here!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

PITTCANNA
Visionary

@H3nta1 wrote:

I recently switched from quest 2 to the rift s and I connected my account to the rift s  and I was able to download a few of my games back but I have games on my quest 2 that I cant download on the rift s and I'm confused and dont want to buy back all of my games again because it did cost a lot of money, I would love for some help on how to donwload them again and not have to re purchase them, any help would be appreicated.

so for starters check the cross buy list.  not every game is cross-buys as devs tend to opt on a case by case basis.  

https://www.oculus.com/experiences/quest/section/2335732183153590/#/?_k=4sei7b

the link above displays games that you only have buy once for rift/s and quest usage.

Also think of it like this not every dev chooses to do cross buy because of the optimization and dev costs for going on one platform vs. another.

Hi so on my quest 2 i bought blade and sorcery nomad last year and now it says i have to buy it again. same thing with beat saber. they are no longer in my library either. What do I do?

Hey @Axle_moto105! We know having your apps go missing is a big inconvenience, so we'd be glad to help out. 

In order to do so, we'll require some sensitive information. 

Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

We'll see you there!

Hey again, @Axle_moto105! We're just checking in to see if you were still needing some help locating your games. If so, feel free to PM us and we'll look into some possible options!