cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why doesn't Oculus create a sort of small, slim tracker that is used to identify body parts?

CanadianNate
Honored Guest
A small tracker about 2 or 3 inches long could be developed that can attach to a band, or slip onto a belt. Place one band on each foot, and one on each side of your waist to help better identify your waist height. If you wanted to, you could even place one on each knee and elbow. Simply pair the tracker to the Oculus and identify which part of the body it is. I feel like that could help with full body tracking for a full body vr immersion experience
3 REPLIES 3

Crazy_Sane
Superstar
I believe you can do full body tracking with an original Rift, using an Xbox Kinect.
You can't do it with a Rift S because it uses inside-out tracking. You would need some sort of external cameras.

But hey, if you are capable of inventing a FBT solution for the Rift S, you have my support.

wormhole335
Honored Guest
But it would be great if Oculus could produce a small tracker, similar to the Vive tracker but hopefully smaller. This way you could have hand tracking where the controller buttons are not needed. I would like to use this as a solution alongside the Leap motion to keep hands tracking when they cross over.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Xbox Kinect is not the solution to full body. Sure it tracks but not in 3D space. And even then You need SteamVR to run that. and if that is the case then get 3 Vive Trackers with 1 Lighthouse Tower