cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

do you need a alternative graphics card as well as a graphics card? Oculus Rift S

SimonOrion
Honored Guest
im thinking of getting a oculus rift S but i need to know if you need an alternative graphic card  with the better graphics card or can i just have the one card and not the alternative graphics card
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Swifty0ne
Expert Protege
You need one Graphics Card of at least GTX 1060 or better.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

SimonOrion
Honored Guest
if anyone knows can they leave a comment 

Swifty0ne
Expert Protege
You need one Graphics Card of at least GTX 1060 or better.

RattyUK
Trustee
@Techy111 might this be spam?  (if you think not, delete my post please 🙂 )
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

MikeF
Trustee
I think you need to understand what a graphics card is. Swifty0ne already answered your question

reb1rth
Protege
I think by alternate they mean a lower spec card that will run the unit, but not amazingly well.  Keep in mind that when VR came out (the last Rift) the recommended cards were the 9** generation and I think the minimum was something like a 970.  I'm guessing the alternate card is just to prevent anyone calling Oculus fibbers for using those min requirements before the 10 gen made an appearance.   Swifty0ne says they're using the 1060 card as a sort of minimum, and it usually follows that a *60 will be similar to the *70 from the previous gen in performance (there abouts).