cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i have a DK2 is there anything i can do with it?

mclemmington
Honored Guest

As titled, im looking to get rid/upgrade to a new one someday but its just sitting in its box under my desk gathering dust and taking up room. is selling it on ebay my only option? is there a trade in system or something with oculus?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

RoastPork
Retired Support

Always cool to see an O.G. 👍 To my knowledge, I don't think Meta has a trade-in service for discontinued Oculus headsets. Still, if you put it on eBay or another seller website, I'm sure someone would love to have it! And when/if you plan to upgrade, Quest 2 has treated me very well.

Genesis does what Nintendon't! Send me a DM if you have questions. I'm happy to help!

View solution in original post

RoastPork
Retired Support

I'd say look at what past listings have sold for, and go for the upper prices. You can always drop the price if the listing doesn't move for a bit. Hope this helps!

Genesis does what Nintendon't! Send me a DM if you have questions. I'm happy to help!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

RoastPork
Retired Support

Always cool to see an O.G. 👍 To my knowledge, I don't think Meta has a trade-in service for discontinued Oculus headsets. Still, if you put it on eBay or another seller website, I'm sure someone would love to have it! And when/if you plan to upgrade, Quest 2 has treated me very well.

yeah i loved it back in the days before it all got nuts. thanks i guess ebay itll have to be. the range of prices is insane though so i dont know how much id even list it as though... 

RoastPork
Retired Support

I'd say look at what past listings have sold for, and go for the upper prices. You can always drop the price if the listing doesn't move for a bit. Hope this helps!

kojack
MVP
MVP

The main value a DK2 still has is non Windows use.

The DK2 was first supported in runtime 0.4. Runtime 0.5 was the last to support Linux. The CV1 wasn't supported until runtime 1.3.

So a DK2 with 0.5 drivers is the last Oculus headset to work on Linux (and Mac). That may give it some value (and a reason people would buy one).

On Windows though, not so useful. Last time I tried, I couldn't get camera tracking to work at all, and it feels very clunky these days.

I'm never getting rid of my DK1 or DK2, but I REALLY don't want to wear them. 🙂

(Note: I've never tried my DK2 on Linux, so no idea if 0.5 runtime still works on a modern Linux)

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Soengcoel
Honored Guest

Hbbnn

Hhjjjjj

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?