cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

microphone problems with the rift s?

sethman600
Explorer
i got my rift s on release day and everything worked fine until yesterday. when i plugged in my headphones to the audio jack and tried to speak on discord nothing was being picked up. i then tried to speak with out the headphones and still didnt work. so i tried in game to see if it was just discord but it didnt work in game either. anyone know a possible fix to this?
35 REPLIES 35

DavidGabriel222
Honored Guest
I'm having the same problem. Disconnecting and reconnecting the USB fixes it, but it's only temporary. Kind of wishing I didn't upgrade to the Rift S, as this wasn't happening with the Rift. I've had this problem since day one, so I haven't been able to enjoy the headset this entire time. I had taken a few months off from using it partially because I was waiting for a fix. It's very disappointing that the problem still persists after this long (even after firmware updates).

MisterRogers
Explorer
I have to keep resetting my USB connection as well. I really hope they find a fix for this soon. I need a working microphone!

purpleninjasmok
Honored Guest
I'm using my laptops mic since I guess the rift s one is not working. I could keep unplugging it all day but I'd rather play a game. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah I gave up on the Rift S mic a little while ago, constant drop outs, got a desktop mic that works great every time.

AltarriStar
Explorer

dburne said:

Yeah I gave up on the Rift S mic a little while ago, constant drop outs, got a desktop mic that works great every time.

I also have this issue and have tried everything,but no solution. So I am thinking of getting a desktop mic. Mind I ask which one you have?

Anonymous
Not applicable

dburne said:

I also have this issue and have tried everything,but no solution. So I am thinking of getting a desktop mic. Mind I ask which one you have?

https://www.amazon.com/Microphone-Condenser-Indicator-Gooseneck-Recording/dp/B07N2WRHMY/ref=pd_rhf_e...

Working great for me. 
Cept I always get a red notification in Oculus Home that I have no audio, which I do so it does not effect anything.

zaelu
Explorer
Same problem. 

Seriously? Oculus needs us to send some paperwork before they move their bums to check and solve the issue???

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yep same problem here getting to be a royal pain in the you know what lol orderd a wirless mic but will look at this problem later

Ubedead
Honored Guest
voice attack software does not work with this "new" version shows mic as muted. 

Onyxius
Honored Guest
I cannot believe this is still an issue.  I too have a headset from release day and my microphone doesn't work majority of the time.  Sometimes I can get it to work by unplugging the USB and then back in again, sometimes i have to reboot, sometimes it takes days or weeks for either to even work which makes no sense.  Such an expensive headset should not have such a crappy microphone.