cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

oculus rift USB not recognized after reboot I get last usb connected malfunction.

G4MER-D3V1L
Protege
My rift is connected to the mother usb. the sensor are in a PCIe usb 3.0  expansion card. The message I get is he last usb device malfunction and in the device manager I get this generic superspeed usb hub with "This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

The request is not supported."

If I remove the rift usb and restart I don't get this error message with the sensor connected to the expansion card. Just when I connect  the rift and leave it connected and i restart. Any way to solve this ?

I have a asus viii hero motherboard with a intel i7 6700k 32gb ram and a gtx 1080 in case any of this information is needed.
2 REPLIES 2

RattyUK
Trustee
I had the same error on my Maximus viii Hero after installing the W10 Spring update (1803) only way I was able to sort it out was to backtrack to 1709 (2017 Autumn update) as the 1803 version would continually replace the Asmedia (working) driver with a generic one that didn't function - then insist the 'best' driver was already installed.

If you fancy a re-install (if you are on 1803) the 1709 ISO can be downloaded from Microsoft.

PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

G4MER-D3V1L
Protege
@RattyUK 2 weeks ago i had to factory reset the pc because the latest windows 10 updates started to mess with my pc to the point the my CPU was almost always hitting the 100% usage and 50% at idle so i was unable to play with the vr. I keep this in mind in case I don't find any solutions. Thanks for the reply and i'll start downloading the ISO just in case.