cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

places to find good perscription lenses for the oculus rift?

holyraine1
Level 3
i just recently bought a pair of perscription lenses it vr-lens-lab and i was severley dissapointed with what i got, the lenses did improve my vision in the games but the cost was that it gave a constant barrel distortion and it makes it feel like i have a fish bowl on my head, completley ruining the immersion (which the website even claims that the lenses WONT do) so after that i want to find some percrription vr lenses that wont distort the picture in any way, if you know of a website that can get me some (preferably cheap) vr lenses that wont distort the picture please let me know about them
also, please only give me names of websites if you have ordered from them and verified that they dont distort the image, this is very important for me
12 REPLIES 12

Eradicator99
Level 4
the forum forbids me from giving you the link....b/c I'm new ............lol

ah well, suppose you'll figure it out

erad

MPires
Level 5
I use widmovr lens and I'm very pleased.

Lange_666
Level 3
vroptician.com

holyraine1
Level 3

MPires said:

ive heard a lot of positive things from widmovr so i think ill order those, just a quick question: are you sure they dont distort the image in any way? that was an absolute dealbreaker for me when i got mine from vr lens lab so i just want to be sure

JeffNik
Level 7
I have been considering prescription lenses for mine, too. I saw this video about accessories for the Quest recently. One of the items in the video are protective lenses that can be made from a prescription - I was interested, but I haven't decided yet. Navigate to about 5:25 into the video. 

holyraine1
Level 3

JeffNik said:

I have been considering prescription lenses for mine, too. I saw this video about accessories for the Quest recently. One of the items in the video are protective lenses that can be made from a prescription - I was interested, but I haven't decided yet. Navigate to about 5:25 into the video. 

ok, whats the name of the video?

Richooal
Level 12
I also got the widmovr lenses for my Rift. I presume from your post that you are also talking about the Rift (not the Rift S).

I have no distortion at all and am very happy with the way they fit and the cost.
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

JeffNik
Level 7

JeffNik said:

ok, whats the name of the video?

My apologies - forgot to paste the link. It's more like 5:35.

MPires
Level 5

MPires said:

ive heard a lot of positive things from widmovr so i think ill order those, just a quick question: are you sure they dont distort the image in any way? that was an absolute dealbreaker for me when i got mine from vr lens lab so i just want to be sure

I did not notice any distortion but in my order I indicated my correct ipd for the left and right eye (asymmetrical in my case).