cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

please help jesus christ

ederswaws
Explorer
first off, I have had nothing but problems with Oculus, for some reason trying to register or log in to talk about the issues crashes google,
but finally I created a second account and logged in, first I had an orange light, eventually, after a month or two I managed to fix it. there are another thousand issues like steam vr never opening a game, VR chat in the oculus app never loading, and after everything else there's a new problem, when trying to set up my sensors (because I moved them) when I'm on the slide about the touch, it constantly switches between "great now press the button" to "looking for touch" and never lets me set it up. but NOW after that stopped. it will constantly show up with an error "request timed out, we couldn't initiate tracking" and I'm fucking sick of it. if anyone knows a way around it please help. and no having a dim setup doesn't help...
28 REPLIES 28

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
Hey there @ederswaws,

I'm sorry to hear about all of the problems you've come across while using/setting up your Rift. We would love to look into any and all of the issues that you come across, so please feel free to contact us whenever.

The "Request Timed Out - We couldn't initiate tracking" is usually caused when there is some sort of interference that the sensors see while searching for the Touch controller. These interferences can be anything from strong light sources (LED, monitors, TVs, etc) to reflective surfaces (mirrors, windows, etc) and in certain cases even strong electric waves (wifi router, other strong wireless broadcasters). You can get past this by ensuring that any of these interferences are removed (or covered up) for the duration of the setup. I personally find it with my setup at home that I have to hold the controller above my head for it to work, otherwise I too tend to get that error.

If you need more help on that, or if you you have any other questions or concerns for us, you can create a ticket with us here: https://support.oculus.com/885981024820727/

Thanks, -Aidan
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

ederswaws
Explorer
ok before I try this I just want to say that i have 2 "display adaptors" steam vr is connected to "intel hd graphics 630" and Oculus is connected to my 1050. if they are both connected it doesn't work. if only Intel is connected then steam vr works, but my headset has an orange light at the top and won't show anything, if only the 1050 is on then steam vr won't work but Oculus will. do you have any idea of how to change where steam vr connects? (and also I did say that dim lighting didn't help)

Morgrum
Expert Trustee
0z7i3zqp82q5.jpeg
WAAAGH!

Techy111
MVP
MVP
A 1050 is below minimum specs mate.
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

vannagirl
Consultant
Yes as Techy mentions, there have been a number of peoples with 1050 issues in the past. It is possible the card cannot power the rift.

Do you possible have a card you can loan? to test this

i have heard you can order a card, test then send it back.
Little like borrowing a dress, going out for the night and keeping the tags on, sending it back.

so i have heard 😐
Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 

I'd just like to mention that other deities are available.

vannagirl
Consultant

I'd just like to mention that other deities are available.

LOL!
Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 

WebMetalReese
Protege
I would run some benchmarks to see if you can even run the hardware. 
If your hardware is good enough, but you are still having issues - I'd first look into what you have connected via USB. With so many ports taken by the rift - its very easy to overload the BUS.

falken76
Expert Consultant

ederswaws said:

ok before I try this I just want to say that i have 2 "display adaptors" steam vr is connected to "intel hd graphics 630" and Oculus is connected to my 1050. if they are both connected it doesn't work. if only Intel is connected then steam vr works, but my headset has an orange light at the top and won't show anything, if only the 1050 is on then steam vr won't work but Oculus will. do you have any idea of how to change where steam vr connects? (and also I did say that dim lighting didn't help)

Your system is below spec, that's precisely why VR Chat isn't even loading on the machine.  It's likely to be the cause of everything else.  My friend has a desktop and he had a GTX 970 and VR Chat wouldn't load, he upgraded his GPU and VR Chat started working.  The issue you're experiencing with the 2 display adapters is that you are obviously using a laptop and one port goes to the 1050 port and the other to integrated graphics.  Rift isn't compatible with integrated gfx.  Steam is a service that also caters to others that are not using VR and regular games usually work fine through the integrated  gfx port, that may be why steam is working on your laptop. If your laptop had a 1050ti and it wasn't an integrated gfx model (Combo of 2d portion of gfx being handled by intel gfx chipset and 3d being handled by gtx 1050ti) it would work.  The clock speed of the 1050 is to slow and it doesn't have enough vram.