cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"CAN'T REACH OCULUS RUNTIME SERVICE." Again. 12 hours so far.

Scott-Jon
Level 5

Oculus! Please reprogram your app to detether us so we don't go down when your servers do.This is the second time.

o7podhunicyp.jpg

4 REPLIES 4

snowdog
Level 15
Just download the Oculus setup exe and choose Repair. Should solve your problem.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Scott-Jon
Level 5
yes, done thanks.

Spuzzum
Level 9

snowdog said:

Just download the Oculus setup exe and choose Repair. Should solve your problem.

I've had the same Runtime Service error off and on for a few months now. I came across a blog post the other day recommending to select the 'repair' option from the Oculus installer, but that didn't actually fix anything. I'm still getting the error here and there. I can literally open Oulus, play a game, then close it to grab lunch. After lunch, I'll try to re-open Oculus...it gives the error, even though the pc hasn't even rebooted from the last time I used the Rift. I can fix it by going into 'services', then right-clicking OVRService, and selecting 'start'. But the error will still randomly show up again a few sessions down the road. I'm starting to think it's a Windows issue.

Spuzzum
Level 9
Well, I wound up fixing it by selecting "Start Oculus service when tool starts" in Oculus Tray Tool, which I already have starting when Windows boots. I haven't had the error in 3 days.