cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"No DisplayPort connection"

MohWarfighter
Explorer
It just suddenly did not work, and don't know what to do. I have tried everything that the oculus support sites have said and tried all kinds of different ports and stuff. When i connect the displayport cable it works in a brief moment before it disconnects. This makes me believe it has something to do with the USB not giving enough power to the displayport (?). A thing that strengthens this is a error from the log which is seen many times:

"USB connection failed via pc_hal_sensor_data_read"

Has anyone had the same problem, or knows how to fix this?

16 REPLIES 16

Elite341
Honored Guest
I had something similar where it was the USB 3.0 connection not working, but then today it just decided not to detect the headset at all. I'm gonna submit a support ticket later if I don't find any answers online.

Sexta
Honored Guest
5wsvjpt87m7n.jpg
Что делать и кто виноват?

mattsoft
Honored Guest

It just suddenly did not work, and don't know what to do. I have tried everything that the oculus support sites have said and tried all kinds of different ports and stuff. When i connect the displayport cable it works in a brief moment before it disconnects. This makes me believe it has something to do with the USB not giving enough power to the displayport (?). A thing that strengthens this is a error from the log which is seen many times:

"USB connection failed via pc_hal_sensor_data_read"

Has anyone had the same problem, or knows how to fix this?

Yes, I have a similar problem since the last firmware update. Oculus S was working fine for 2 months updated the firmware, and now it crashes after 30 seconds - 1 minute of use with a RED check indicator for the DisplayPort. Oculus support has run me through the ringer and I'm now working to return/replace the headset.

DefriMelfandi
Honored Guest
if like that what to do ??

Nathanael_
Protege
I have the same problem, oculus gave me a new cable, and it didnt work

AcesHigh70
Explorer
Just bought mine tonight and same issue.  Returning tomorrow and will go with a competitor.

TragicDelight
Protege
My S works fine, i'm NOT using beta updates.
Stop being drama queens and saying you are going to "go with a rival HMD company" and show an OUNCE of patience while shit gets sorted.

bigcat1969
Protege
This shit hasn't been sorted in months and is getting worse and worse with every update for me. It just took 4 attempts to watch a couple minute video. The web is crawling with reports about the problems. Why shouldn't we want to go elsewhere. The idea is that the Rift S is a mature product when in fact it is a failure for a huge number of people. You want to kill PC VR, turn it into an eternal beta test. Your TV works when you turn it on, your console works when you turn it on, your phone works when you turn it on, your $400 VR headset should work when you turn it on, not require 4 attempts.

MohWarfighter
Explorer

This shit hasn't been sorted in months and is getting worse and worse with every update for me. It just took 4 attempts to watch a couple minute video. The web is crawling with reports about the problems. Why shouldn't we want to go elsewhere. The idea is that the Rift S is a mature product when in fact it is a failure for a huge number of people. You want to kill PC VR, turn it into an eternal beta test. Your TV works when you turn it on, your console works when you turn it on, your phone works when you turn it on, your $400 VR headset should work when you turn it on, not require 4 attempts.

Agreed, this is ridiculous. I got my rift replaced, and it still did not work.