cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Oculus isn't working correctly"

MechaShadowV2
Level 2

So, I've had my Rift S for about a year, and it's worked fine.  It's been 3 months since I've really played with it.  I decided to use it today, bear in mind, the internet was down, so it didn't know to update, and not everything was loading in the home screen.  But I was still able to look at my library app.  Played the first game I could offline, lone echo.  Everything was fine, until the net came back up a few hours later and the app wanted an update. so I did.  Now my hands wont show up in Oculus home and the menu won't open, and I get a message "Oculus isn't working correctly.  Click here to check our support article."  Only problem is, I don't even know where to start with the support article since I don't even know what part isn't working correctly, I've tried re-pairing the hands, and the headset, I've deleted y home cache, I've unplugged and re-plugged the the Rift multiple times, restarted my PC, checked gpu drivers, tried plugging in the connectors into different usb slots, tried all my gpu slots ( I have no integrated gpu, but it has three ports), I've restarted the app multiple times.  It seems to be working fine in the Steam VR room though, and I have yet to try any of my Epic VR games, but the Oculus room is only half loaded in, and, as mentioned, no hands or menu, and thus my Oculus games and most of the functions are inoperable.  II'm about to ready to uninstall and reinstall the app but I don't want to do that if it won't fix anything.  So far as I can tell it's not the hardware but the software and something to do with the update to version 31.0.  If anyone has any idea of where to even start at this point I'd appreciate it.

1 REPLY 1

steve_40
Level 4

Just an idea, but have you tried using Viveport? It supports the Oculus games library. You might be able to run your games through it.