cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rift s crackling sound and low volume

Jacopo94
Explorer
hi, as the title suggest i am having an issue with my new rift s that after a while it is plugged and it is left unused it starts to make this loud crackling sound that stops only if i unplug and plug back the usb cable. it also does it sometimes if i try to use the pass through function. also when it is working the volume seems quite low and i dont know if thats just how it is or if it is an issue
29 REPLIES 29

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
Hey @Jacopo94, we are aware of an issue that may cause poor audio quality in your Rift S. We are actively working on a fix to address this. We currently don't have an ETA, though. Thanks! -Rick
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

GKeiser
Honored Guest
Hello, Same here, I have very low volume on Rift S with everything turned up to 100 %.Glad to hear they are working on it.

marc0
Honored Guest
Any news to this? Will an update fix this or RMA?

uKER
Adventurer
The supposed update is already out in the PTC and I still have whisper-low volume.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am having the same issue please help the crackling sound is terrible just terrible on my Rift S , I just want to know how to resolve this please

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's auto limiting past 50% which it is possible to prevent by removing it and allowing it to get double volume it has right now! Then you can benefit from the Bass Boost too which presently is reducing the volume even further due to the DAFT LIMITER!!!!

ertert222
Explorer
I also had a strange crackling sound. In my case it turned out to be the fireplace in the room. Took me a while to figure it out until I used the set up several hours.

Yobiwan29
Adventurer
The last beta update solved that issue for me. But still low volume.
Oculus Quest 2 & 3 - MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge - i9 9900K - 32GB DDR4 3200 MHz - RTX 3080

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think once the Limiter is removed we can add as much Bass or Virtualizer etc. at very loud levels. It has potential to do this.