cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rift s loud beep, black screen and static

OliverH2006
Explorer

i've had the oculus for i think 2 years and it has started to freeze, play a loud beep with a black screen and play a static noise. after the crash it says the display port isnt connected and then i cant use it for a while afterwards. the audio quality also gets worse every crash. does anyone know how to fix this?

10 REPLIES 10

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello! We're sorry to hear your having these issues today. We know your gametime is very important and we'll be happy to look into this with you today and get you back in the game quickly!

Let's start with a few questions.

• Have you updated the Oculus app to version 42.0?
  • Is your graphic driver up to date?
  • Does this happen with a certain app or all apps?
  • Does this happen in Steam apps or Oculus apps or both?
  • Have you checked the cable for any damage?
  • Can you confirm that the Display port / HDMI port works.
    Did you try the headset on a different USB 3.0 port and a different PC?

We look forward to your response!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! Just reaching out to see if you still need assistance. Please let us know!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

just trying the solutions

i've tried everything and i cant see any damage on the cable

Drats! Thanks for your response. Just to better understand the situation, when this issue happens, are you playing Steam apps, Oculus apps, or both?

it just randomly happens, it doesnt matter what game im playing

Hi, thanks for responding today. We'd like to take a closer look into your system. 

Can you please contact Meta Store Support here and open a support ticket for further assistance. Please gather your logs and attach them to your response. Instructions are below.

1. Open the Run window (Windows key + R).
2. Enter and run: C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics\OculusLogGatherer.exe
 *The above link is the default directory. Bear in mind that if you installed Oculus Home to another drive you will need to update the command with the correct file path.
3. Select the checkbox next to ‘Full logs’.
4. Select "1 day" from the "Collect last" drop-down list.
5. Wait for the log collection to finish. This can take some time to complete.
6. The program will automatically generate a zip file containing your logs, which will be saved to your desktop automatically.
7. Attach the newly created zip file to your next support response.

i dont have the oculus file

Hello again @OliverH2006. It's good to hear from you again. We'll provide the instructions on how to pull the logs below.

1. Open the Run window (Windows key + R).
2. Enter and run: C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics\OculusLogGatherer.exe
 *The above link is the default directory. Bear in mind that if you installed Oculus Home to another drive you will need to update the command with the correct file path.
3. Select the checkbox next to ‘Full logs’.
4. Select "1 day" from the "Collect last" drop-down list.
5. Wait for the log collection to finish. This can take some time to complete.
6. The program will automatically generate a zip file containing your logs, which will be saved to your desktop automatically.
7. Attach the newly created zip file to your next support response.

Please contact Meta Store Support and create a support ticket and attach the zipped file to the response.

Thanks!