cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rift s optical cable

sam.egan.319
Explorer

Wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction to make a complaint regarding the Rift S replacement optical cable. I have been going back and forth with support since the 26/12/21 wanting to get a replacement optical cable. Started off having to email all the information required to even get them to discuss the reason i was contacting them, even when i specifically asked them where to buy a replacement cable. finally about four weeks later i was informed they were out of stock. 

In February 2022 i received an email advising that they would be sending a replacement cable at no charge. I emailed back and confirmed the delivery address to send the cable to. This was then confirmed by another support person. 

now over a month later they are saying that the cable has not been sent and keep giving me the run around when i ask for the issue to be escalated to management. 

has anyone else had this issue and have any advise on how to handle, my son has a 700 dust collector at the moment and im sure that there is a consumer law regarding manufactures' having to stock replacement parts for 7 years after release date. Any help will be greatly appreciated. 

2 REPLIES 2

abilingo
Honored Guest

I’ve had the same issue, I reached out in February, told me I was in warranty and that they were sending me a new cable, they keep telling me “ the warehouse hasn’t reached back out about your order being processed and we have no time frame”. It’s extremely frustrating! My cable stopped working not even a year after purchasing it BRAND NEW. 

ghs22
Protege

Their customer service is pathetic. I cant even get through one flight on MSFS2020 without the headset going out on me both USB and display adapter. I'll guarantee if I buy a new cord, the problem will persist anyway. And it sounds like this company could care less if you continue to buy their BS or not. It's Zuckerberg, after all. He don't give a rat's behind about any of us.