cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rift s volume very low

skeemin
Explorer
I've tried everything I can think of and the volume on my rift s is very low with the built in speakers.  I have the latest oculus software version and all my games are updated.  Anyone ever figure out why most headsets sound very low but others sound fine, even loud?
7 REPLIES 7

Kareshi
Heroic Explorer
If you're trying to boost the built in speakers for it, here's what I did when I owned one.

Go to your System Sounds by hitting the Windows Key and typing "Change System Sounds" and running that. A small window will show up with 4 tabs which are "Playback - Recording - Sounds - Communications", under the Playback tab, look for your Rift S and go to it's properties. There you will see a tab that says "Enhancements", there you should find a "Loudness Equalization" Check box, check it and apply, this will boost the volume noticeably, but keep in mind that if you plan to plug in any headset to the Aux port, disable this if you notice weird changes in volumes.

Whenever there's a big bang of a sound, this tries to lower it I've noticed, but for the most part, it gets the job done. Hope it helps.

skeemin
Explorer

skeemin
Explorer
Kareshi said:

If you're trying to boost the built in speakers for it, here's what I did when I owned one.

Go to your System Sounds by hitting the Windows Key and typing "Change System Sounds" and running that. A small window will show up with 4 tabs which are "Playback - Recording - Sounds - Communications", under the Playback tab, look for your Rift S and go to it's properties. There you will see a tab that says "Enhancements", there you should find a "Loudness Equalization" Check box, check it and apply, this will boost the volume noticeably, but keep in mind that if you plan to plug in any headset to the Aux port, disable this if you notice weird changes in volumes.

Whenever there's a big bang of a sound, this tries to lower it I've noticed, but for the most part, it gets the job done. Hope it helps.

Thanks. I'll give that a try.  I've also opened a ticket with Oculus and am waiting on an email back but don't have high hopes.

Karmagedon
Explorer

Never expect anything good from their supporr  however there are user who will provide you with tona of irrelevant solution to try to help..they dont know shnuddle

incredible the things you have to do to make this headset work..ill skip their next headset for sure..garbage

Karmagedon
Explorer

been two years out and they have no figure out this bug..you sure you wanne buy their next headset..im done

most of the issues are not that of the oculus rift s or meta which ever you wouild like to call it mostllly user error or not knowing how to change settings yourselves i recently had issues with the rift and tried everything from bios updates motherboard and driver updates to still have no answer as to why it would crash black screen static sound I think most of the problems stem from the actual motherboard manufacturers or just the specs of the components I've tried it on a msi b550 asus prime pro x570 and a gigabyte aorus wifi pro x570 and they would all have the same issue me thinking it was the cable bought a new one to still have the same issues.. now I've updated my pc and havent pllayed the rift for over a year and decided to give it a try and it runs beautifully no issues on my evga z690 dark kingpin and on the asus 670e hero its haveing zero issues than the previous mobos it is running better then ever hopefully u guys get your rifts working the way intended but if u have any of these x570 boards i think that is most of your issue or even the b550s