cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rift s volume very low

skeemin
Level 3
I've tried everything I can think of and the volume on my rift s is very low with the built in speakers.  I have the latest oculus software version and all my games are updated.  Anyone ever figure out why most headsets sound very low but others sound fine, even loud?
6 REPLIES 6

Kareshi
Level 7
If you're trying to boost the built in speakers for it, here's what I did when I owned one.

Go to your System Sounds by hitting the Windows Key and typing "Change System Sounds" and running that. A small window will show up with 4 tabs which are "Playback - Recording - Sounds - Communications", under the Playback tab, look for your Rift S and go to it's properties. There you will see a tab that says "Enhancements", there you should find a "Loudness Equalization" Check box, check it and apply, this will boost the volume noticeably, but keep in mind that if you plan to plug in any headset to the Aux port, disable this if you notice weird changes in volumes.

Whenever there's a big bang of a sound, this tries to lower it I've noticed, but for the most part, it gets the job done. Hope it helps.

skeemin
Level 3

skeemin
Level 3
Kareshi said:

If you're trying to boost the built in speakers for it, here's what I did when I owned one.

Go to your System Sounds by hitting the Windows Key and typing "Change System Sounds" and running that. A small window will show up with 4 tabs which are "Playback - Recording - Sounds - Communications", under the Playback tab, look for your Rift S and go to it's properties. There you will see a tab that says "Enhancements", there you should find a "Loudness Equalization" Check box, check it and apply, this will boost the volume noticeably, but keep in mind that if you plan to plug in any headset to the Aux port, disable this if you notice weird changes in volumes.

Whenever there's a big bang of a sound, this tries to lower it I've noticed, but for the most part, it gets the job done. Hope it helps.

Thanks. I'll give that a try.  I've also opened a ticket with Oculus and am waiting on an email back but don't have high hopes.

Karmagedon
Level 3

Never expect anything good from their supporr  however there are user who will provide you with tona of irrelevant solution to try to help..they dont know shnuddle

incredible the things you have to do to make this headset work..ill skip their next headset for sure..garbage

Karmagedon
Level 3

been two years out and they have no figure out this bug..you sure you wanne buy their next headset..im done