cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

robo recall not working

titch1992
Honored Guest

can anyone help me please, 

i have been using my oculus rift now and playing some games, all working well... 

saw robo recall and liked the look of it, so downloaded it and tried to play.. it loads up lets me get in shows the firs scene where your in an elevator gets to nearly opening the door and just shuts off... 

found its not happening at a certain point it even happens when i first load it up, in the main menu part as i was looking at settings and it still then booted me off, so seems to be more shutting off after a certain time rather than at a certain point. 

please could someone help... 

my computer is more than capable of running it i would of thought... 

i have a i9 11900k with geforce rtc 3070ti oculus is installed on a samsung evo 500 m.2 

3 REPLIES 3

malitero_84
Honored Guest

Same here, Game closes after 60 seconds no matter what you do. Game log shows a warning about unrealwatchdog.exe not found but i'm still tryng to figure out if it has something to do with the problem... My problem started after upgrading my pc, I7 11900k + TUF Z590 PLUS + MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM on Win10 home. I'm trying to get some fix from oculus support and epic games as well. Meanwhile I tried reinstalling game, oculus software and even Windows but no luck for now... 

Madspecv
Protege

Yup, same thing here....

I just bought Robo Recall from the Oculus Store, I am trying to play but it crashes every time. The game does load, I can get in the menu but when I get into the game, maybe 5 seconds in after loading, it crashes.

These are my system specs and what I did to try to fix this

Specs:

Intel i9 12900k
32gb DDR5 @ 6000mhz
WD Black S850 1tb m.2 drive
GeForce RTX 3080 with latest drivers
Windows 10 pro all up top date
NO anti virus software installed

Steps I took to try to solve this by myself:

- Opened Resource monitor to see if I had enough memory: all good
- In game changed the graphics settings to minimum ( no anti aliasing, nothing )
- Uninstalled the game and reinstalling it
- Uninstalled the game on another SSD drive
- Uninstalled the Oculus software and reinstalling it
- Did a pass with CCleaner just to be sure

After all of that, the game still won't work.

Madspecv
Protege

Found THE fix !!

Here is what you have to do. I now have access to my Oculus Home and all my games work, finally !!

This is the fix guys, follow these steps!

Right click on "My computer" then properties

Then right hand side "advanced system settings"

On the Advanced tab choose Environment Variables

In THE SECOND window click NEW

Enter name

OPENSSL_ia32cap

Enter value

~0x200000200000000

Then click OK

1 last important step

REBOOT SYSTEM