cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

screen shots in game

DTH
Heroic Explorer
 In Steam's No Man's sky it shows you how to take a screenshot with their controls but how do I take a screenshot with my S?
5 REPLIES 5

nalex66
MVP
MVP
It’s left trigger and left menu button at the same time, but for some reason it’s not working for me anymore. I got a new ship last night, and I’ve been trying unsuccessfully to take a screenshot since. I’m not sure if the latest SteamVR beta update broke it, or if it’s just flaky and doesn’t always work. 

Edit: thought you were talking about in Steam games. Oculus has a native way, I think it’s on Dash at the right end. 

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Did some further testing. The latest beta release for SteamVR (1.8.6) seems to break Rift screenshot functionality. I exited the beta and reverted to 1.7.15, and it worked again. Re-entered the beta, and it's broken.

DTH
Heroic Explorer
Thank you,  I believe I'm not opt-in Beta.   I know I'm opt-in for the S but not for Steam.

DTH
Heroic Explorer
Just had a few minutes to take a few shots.  I was able to take them on the ground (feeding the local animals for the first time) and in the sky.  Thank you very much.  I bought this for the underwater shots and videos that I saw.  I still have a lot to learn before I can explore underwater.  only about 10 hours in.

nalex66
MVP
MVP
I’m up to 68 hours, and I haven’t done much underwater exploration yet—I’ve swam a little way from shore to collect some resources or scan some fauna, but I’m nervous to go too far out or down. I suppose I should go ahead and unlock the underwater exocraft so I can see what’s down there.