cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

v14 PTC PC Software Release Notes

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
Oculus Link

• A new button on Dash allows to you quickly exit Oculus Link to go back to the Quest Home screen.
  • Important note: This PTC software is not compatible with the Oculus Link feature on Oculus Quest if your Quest is still on software version v12 or lower. The v13 software update is rolling out to Quest currently, which will enable you to utilize Link on both PC software version v13 and this v14 PTC. We continue to work on improving this experience in future releases. Thanks for your patience!

Miscellaneous

• Various bug fixes and stability improvements
147 REPLIES 147

tscherno-bill
Protege

"... The v13 software update is rolling out to Quest currently, which will
enable you to utilize Link on both PC software version v13 and this v14
PTC."

Not, not it doesn't. Like other, it kicks me out to Quest home after just 1 second of black screen

Same here, just lost 4 hours while trying to fix their work. It seems impossible to get a v13 on pc and link is broken now

Same Here.

Kobango
Explorer
TurinTurambar said:

"... The v13 software update is rolling out to Quest currently, which will
enable you to utilize Link on both PC software version v13 and this v14
PTC."

Not, not it doesn't. Like other, it kicks me out to Quest home after just 1 second of black screen

Same here 😞

maxstep
Explorer
Dear Oculus, the very latest PTC v14 - three grey dots, reinstalled several times, tried different usb3.0, dp ports etc. Only full rollback to v12 works. Prev PTC releases worked. Cannot go to v13 from ptc v14 as it fails. Only setup-repair v12 works. Rift S.

maxstep
Explorer
Dear Oculus, to add to the previous V14 three grey dots brick issue, after setup-repairing to v12, v13 public is not being offered as an update regardless of what I try. Not possible to downgrade to v13 after v14 PTC as it just fails and keeps trying to reinstall.

gamersbubu
Explorer
Did oculus seriously just mess up again? 

Mizzu52
Explorer
Yeah. Thanks for this great Patch. Now I can't get the Quest working with Link anymore. No matter what i try, tried all Workarounds and after 4 hours I'm done with this sh** now.
I hate the Quest from the very first day. I regret so much that I didn't buy the Rift S, and now i can't get it sold anymore.

Each Update everything is completely broken. So horribly disappointing.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just grabbed the Version 13 update on my Quest, I have PTC version 14 on PC.
Link is not working on Quest, says on Oculus Home app on PC that a Quest software update is recommended for Link Beta, but I am already updated to Version 13 on Quest, no updates show available.

Oculus Link is broken for me as well.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Suggest Oculus consider changing this in the version 14 release notes, unless someone has actually gotten it to work that I missed.

Important note: This PTC software is not compatible with the Oculus Link feature on Oculus Quest if your Quest is still on software version v12 or lower. The v13 software update is rolling out to Quest currently, which will enable you to utilize Link on both PC software version v13 and this v14 PTC. We continue to work on improving this experience in future releases. Thanks for your patience!

nalex66
MVP
MVP

dburne said:

Suggest Oculus consider changing this in the version 14 release notes, unless someone has actually gotten it to work that I missed.

Important note: This PTC software is not compatible with the Oculus Link feature on Oculus Quest if your Quest is still on software version v12 or lower. The v13 software update is rolling out to Quest currently, which will enable you to utilize Link on both PC software version v13 and this v14 PTC. We continue to work on improving this experience in future releases. Thanks for your patience!

It’s not universally broken, although you might think that from reading the forums. It worked for me on the first try, as I reported in the Quest thread, as well as for a few others that have commented. 

If you’ve set a high Encode Resolution Width in the debug tool, try scaling it back—some people are reporting that it doesn’t work at the RTX-level recommended setting. 

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Anonymous
Not applicable

nalex66 said:

dburne said:

It’s not universally broken, although you might think that from reading the forums. It worked for me on the first try, as I reported in the Quest thread, as well as for a few others that have commented. 

If you’ve set a high Encode Resolution Width in the debug tool, try scaling it back—some people are reporting that it doesn’t work at the RTX-level recommended setting. 

No I have not set an Encode Resolution, so mine should be at default.