cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

v16 PTC PC Software Release Notes

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
Social

• You can now send and receive clickable links through Chats! Clicked links will open in a web browser.
  • User-created events now allow you to easily start a chat thread with all users who have been invited. Please note that this feature is only available to a percentage of users at this time.
  • Parties has received a variety of quality improvements! This includes updates to the party invite flow to account for additional edge cases and clearer notifications upon joining a Party.
  • When unsubscribing from an event, you will now be prompted to confirm your decision.

Oculus Link

• Fixed an issue that caused the Cable Testing functionality to sometimes hang.
  • Fixed an issue that sometimes prevented Oculus Link from launching correctly after reconnecting Quest to your PC.
  • General stability improvements.
39 REPLIES 39

Kareshi
Heroic Explorer
Dash, Social and Oculus Link...
Anything whatsoever for the Rift/Rift S? Are they perfectly fine, no need to fix what's not broken?

ClassicGOD
Protege

Anything whatsoever for the Rift/Rift S? Are they perfectly fine, no need to fix what's not broken?

Sooo.... Rift and Rift S users don't use Dash or social features? I own a Rift and use both, am I different?
The advent of computers and the subsequent accumulation of incalculable data has given rise to a new system of memory and thought, parallel to your own. Humanity has underestimated the consequences of computerization.

HYPOLITH
Explorer
Thanks for the update! 

I think it would be genuinely helpful if you could specify what exactly Rift S users like myself can expect from the updates in future. Like, is there anything Rift S specific whatsoever going on here? Or are you expecting general feedback on the new ecosystem-wide features, like the Avatar editor in Dash?

As it stands, I'm consistently confused by what these updates actually improve, fix or focus on. Quality testing feedback mandates actual directions, focus and dialogue. 

It comes across as a little laissez-faire and disconnected, which I'm sure is not the intention. Why not help the volunteers helping you? Thanks!

Kareshi
Heroic Explorer

Sooo.... Rift and Rift S users don't use Dash or social features? I own a Rift and use both, am I different?

Pointing out the obvious I see. I'm not talking about the dash, I'm talking about the issues some people, including myself have been having since v12, since December of last year, that have still not been addressed, only talked about.

Kareshi
Heroic Explorer

HYPOLITH said:

Thanks for the update! 

I think it would be genuinely helpful if you could specify what exactly Rift S users like myself can expect from the updates in future. Like, is there anything Rift S specific whatsoever going on here? Or are you expecting general feedback on the new ecosystem-wide features, like the Avatar editor in Dash?

As it stands, I'm consistently confused by what these updates actually improve, fix or focus on. Quality testing feedback mandates actual directions, focus and dialogue. 

It comes across as a little laissez-faire and disconnected, which I'm sure is not the intention. Why not help the volunteers helping you? Thanks!

^^^^^^^^ THIS! ALL OF THIS!! ^^^^^^^^^^^

dhrto
Expert Protege
Wow, I'm a Rift CV1 user and to be honest cannot care less about all these social features. But it seems Oculus (or must I say Facebook) seems to think otherwise, seeing the past 5+ updates seem to focus on that (aside from the link feature, which I think is very neat for the Quest users). Probably understandable from a business perspective of the parent company. I really don't expect much anymore for my CV1, since it's been released almost 4 years ago now, but boy I really can understand the concerns or rather frustrations of the Rift S users which is just 1 year on the market!

I'm currently on the fence to make the jump to the Valve Index and I can tell you these change logs do not help to persuade me to stay with Oculus at all! And that is besides the uncertainty if there will ever be a 'CV2' with full external tracking. What is holding me back right now (besides the whole uncertainty that comes with the corona situation) is that some games I play have better support for / performance in Oculus mode than SteamVR mode, most prominently ETS2 and ATS.

ClassicGOD
Protege

CallMeJay360 said:
Pointing out the obvious I see. I'm not talking about the dash, I'm talking about the issues some people, including myself have been having since v12, since December of last year, that have still not been addressed, only talked about.

I was more pointing out your wording and also fact that many people here don't understand that it's not the same team working on Dash, Social or Link stuff that is working on Rift and Rift S stability. Maybe the issue is harder to crack than you think. I can even be outside of Oculus control. Antagonizing every single update that does not fix your specific issue is not going to change anything. 
Have you contacted support? I don't see your issue mentioned on User Voice. Have you even tried this update? Oculus is not exactly known for providing full changelogs. 
The advent of computers and the subsequent accumulation of incalculable data has given rise to a new system of memory and thought, parallel to your own. Humanity has underestimated the consequences of computerization.

dhrto
Expert Protege

Oculus is not exactly known for providing full changelogs. 

Well maybe they should. A little more transparency wouldn't hurt. Should at least give people the notion they are working on fixes even though they may not work for everybody. And it would stop people from wondering if there's anything happening at all regarding those issues.

ClassicGOD
Protege

dhrto said: 

Well maybe they should. A little more transparency wouldn't hurt. Should at least give people the notion they are working on fixes even though they may not work for everybody. And it would stop people from wondering if there's anything happening at all regarding those issues.

I agree but the users have to use proper channels to report the issues. Static screen was on User Voice got fixed. Tracking issues were on user voice, fixed. Guardian sensitivity? Fixed. I don't see this issue there. Most Oculus devs don't read this forum.