Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

v17 PTC PC Software Release Notes

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
Social Reporting

• We’ve made improvements to in-VR reporting. These changes include:
    • Streamlined the reporting process.
    • Updated language around reasons for report.
    • Prevented reports from being submitted without evidence.
    • Improved clarity around when a report has been successfully submitted.

Oculus Link

• General Stability improvements
54 REPLIES 54

Bullant8547
Honored Guest
Still no fix for the popping/cracking audio on my Rift S.
I'm coming up on 12 months of ownwership, the problem was reported 15th June 2019, this was the response:

I understand that your Rift S has an audio issue.

We are aware of an issue that may cause poor audio quality in
your Rift S. We are actively working on a fix to address this.

We thank you for your patience and understanding on this matter.

Yeah, well my patience has pretty much run dry and I wish I had returned it while I had the chance.

Richooal
Consultant
Quite a few people (including myself) reporting a BSOD since V17 in this thread..................
https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/88926/crash-with-portcls-sys-windows-error

I'd like to think it is the Oculus software causing this because my PC normally runs without fault and has done for years.

Signature altered due to this.

i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

Anonymous
Not applicable
how do i get the damn software to shut off and not come on until  i want it on............ i see it as oculus malware.  it wont go the hell away

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

XwessamX said:

how do i get the damn software to shut off and not come on until  i want it on............ i see it as oculus malware.  it wont go the hell away

Learn to use Oculus Tray Tool (OTT).  You can have it turn on/off ovrservices when you startup/leave your Oculus Desktop app.  Works great for switching audio as well as setting per game Super Sampling.  Learn all about it here;

https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/47247/oculus-traytool-supersampling-profiles-hmd-di...

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Failedmite57926
Explorer
I don't quite know if i'm the only one experiencing this, but whenever I start up the oculus app it tells me can't reach oculus service does anyone know how to fix it. I have recently bought my oculus rift and I haven't been able to use it at all, another thing is that I downloaded a fresh copy of windows about 3 months ago so maybe the windows.old is the reason. I don't know I have been at this for about a week now so if any of you can help that would be nice I have been talking to the support team so I have that down.