cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

v20 PTC PC Software Release Notes

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
Update 8/19/20: We've added a couple additional items (Recording in-VR and Tracking) to these release notes that were note included in the original post.

Update 8/10/2020: 
We just released another update to the PTC. This update contains a fix for an Oculus Link mic issue that some users were experiencing. As always, please let us know if you run into anything unexpected with this new PTC update! Thanks! 

Recording in-VR

• We’ve improved in-VR recording by adding an image stabilization feature. This enhancement will reduce unwanted motion that can happen when looking around in-VR while streaming.

Tracking

• We’ve enhanced rendering stability for Rift S to improve head tracking.

Oculus Link

• Users are now able to hide the ‘Activate Oculus Link’ modal. You can always enable Oculus Link from the Settings > Quick Actions menu.
58 REPLIES 58

HiThere_
Superstar

bitzie said:

The Reverb G2 cannot be released soon enough.

If price matters, you might find it cheaper to buy a Valve Index then to buy a HP Reverb G2 with a 2080 TI.

Kareshi
Heroic Explorer
The amount of ignorance in this post is crazy lmao

L_etranger
Honored Guest

just had another beta update...no changelog on oculus app...no changelog here (i usually recieve updates 1\2 days after release) so....what? wth

That update made my Mic audio to stutter now with Link 😞

KICKASSHERO
Protege
this update broke my system, I had to restore my runtime and other files again to continue playing. and opt-ed out of beta.

GamingTC2
Protege
Version 20 works perfect with my Rift S. 

HiThere_
Superstar
Build 20.0.0.226.509 does not fix the Black Screen bricking caused by Build 19.0.0.364.531.

Well not on a GTX 970 anyway.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

HiThere_ said:

Build 20.0.0.226.509 does not fix the Black Screen bricking caused by Build 19.0.0.364.531.

Maybe upgrade your gpu.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

GamingTC2
Protege

TomCgcmfc said:

HiThere_ said:

Maybe upgrade your gpu.

Should work with GTX970

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
Hey folks, quick update here: we just released another update to the PTC. This update contains a fix for an Oculus Link mic issue that some users were experiencing. As always, please let us know if you run into anything unexpected with this new PTC update! Thanks! 

MalicTolsen
Protege

Hey folks, quick update here: we just released another update to the PTC. This update contains a fix for an Oculus Link mic issue that some users were experiencing. As always, please let us know if you run into anything unexpected with this new PTC update! Thanks! 

Any word on  a fix for the bug that causes pinned windows on the Rift S from having z-fighting issues that has existed since last December?

https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/86013/pinned-display-z-fighting-issue-bug