cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

v20 PTC PC Software Release Notes

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
Update 8/19/20: We've added a couple additional items (Recording in-VR and Tracking) to these release notes that were note included in the original post.

Update 8/10/2020: 
We just released another update to the PTC. This update contains a fix for an Oculus Link mic issue that some users were experiencing. As always, please let us know if you run into anything unexpected with this new PTC update! Thanks! 

Recording in-VR

• We’ve improved in-VR recording by adding an image stabilization feature. This enhancement will reduce unwanted motion that can happen when looking around in-VR while streaming.

Tracking

• We’ve enhanced rendering stability for Rift S to improve head tracking.

Oculus Link

• Users are now able to hide the ‘Activate Oculus Link’ modal. You can always enable Oculus Link from the Settings > Quick Actions menu.
58 REPLIES 58

singhharry12
Honored Guest
I anxiously await each of the these new PTC announcements, hoping that we will have some really significant update. For example, the ability to have "User Accounts" on the main account so that I can share my headset with someone in my house without having them affect my progress. 

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
Hey folks - just a quick FYI that we've added a couple additional items (Recording in-VR and Tracking) to these release notes that were note included in the original post.

HiThere_
Superstar

Hey folks, quick update here: we just released another update to the PTC. This update contains a fix for an Oculus Link mic issue that some users were experiencing. As always, please let us know if you run into anything unexpected with this new PTC update! Thanks! 

Well build 19 bricked a bunch of headsets including mine (sound still working but black screen), Oculus hasn't even made a comment about who's affected by that and why, even less about a return to the previous build that was working fine, but I'm happy to hear you've been actively working on the Oculus Link mic issue.

DangerousDanH
Protege
Beta version 20.0.0.289.509 has broke my quest link. I no longer have audio through the headset and the 'test connection' will no longer recognise that I have the cable connected. Now I have to uninstall and reinstall the whole oculus software to try and fix it.

DangerousDanH
Protege
I have reinstalled everything and still have no headset audio. The oculus virtual audio driver is showing in device manager as installed and working. Thanks oculus you bunch of pricks.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

I have reinstalled everything and still have no headset audio. The oculus virtual audio driver is showing in device manager as installed and working. Thanks oculus you bunch of pricks.

If you are using a Rift I believe you should be using the Rift Headphones audio, not the Virtual audio (which I think is more for the Quest with Link).  

If you are using a Quest with a proper usb3.0 link cable then I believe the virtual audio is the correct one to use.  If you don’t hear any audio click on your win10 taskbar  speaker icon and see if you can select this and see if this helps.

Also, with either, check your Oculus home dashboard menu, settings, headset, and make sure your headphone and mic volumes are not muted and that their volume slider is at around 50% to start off with.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

julienkay
Adventurer

Update 8/19/20: We've added a couple additional items (Recording in-VR and Tracking) to these release notes that were note included in the original post.

Update 8/10/2020: 
We just released another update to the PTC. This update contains a fix for an Oculus Link mic issue that some users were experiencing. As always, please let us know if you run into anything unexpected with this new PTC update! Thanks! 

Recording in-VR

• We’ve improved in-VR recording by adding an image stabilization feature. This enhancement will reduce unwanted motion that can happen when looking around in-VR while streaming.

Tracking

• We’ve enhanced rendering stability for Rift S to improve head tracking.

Oculus Link

• Users are now able to hide the ‘Activate Oculus Link’ modal. You can always enable Oculus Link from the Settings > Quick Actions menu.

Is the stabilization feature for video recording only applicable to the native video recording feature in the Oculus software, or is it possible to apply the stabilization to what is rendered on the main display, so it can be picked up by third party software like OBS?

edit: spelling

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee

I lost sound on one side 2 days after the warranty expired and Oculus refused to honor the warranty and instead would only offer me a slight discount on a refurbished CV1.

So they refused to honour the warranty that had expired?

The scoundrels!

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2

Globespy
Expert Protege

JD-UK said:

I lost sound on one side 2 days after the warranty expired and Oculus refused to honor the warranty and instead would only offer me a slight discount on a refurbished CV1.

So they refused to honour the warranty that had expired?

The scoundrels!

Sarcasm aside, it displays much more about Oculus than my insignificant (to them) incident.
I've bought 2 CV1's and 2 Rift S's over the last 3-4 years and despite knowing this the answer was still the same.

It's less about them perhaps being more understanding and cutting me a break for 2 friggin days, and more about their stance on customer service.
Even when you have a good warranty, you are still treated like a fool who must be doing something wrong - I've been down that road too, wasting weeks before they would even consider replacement.

It's just a toxic company (Facebook) that really doesn't care about anything other than how much they can get for your data, data that many give away for trivial things like avatars or emoji's.
I think that's pretty clear in their new stance on FORCING users to create a FB account to use the product - that's an entirely different, yet very nefarious can of worms - "scoundrels" is indeed a perfect adjective. good job 🙂