cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

v20 PTC PC Software Release Notes

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
Update 8/19/20: We've added a couple additional items (Recording in-VR and Tracking) to these release notes that were note included in the original post.

Update 8/10/2020: 
We just released another update to the PTC. This update contains a fix for an Oculus Link mic issue that some users were experiencing. As always, please let us know if you run into anything unexpected with this new PTC update! Thanks! 

Recording in-VR

• We’ve improved in-VR recording by adding an image stabilization feature. This enhancement will reduce unwanted motion that can happen when looking around in-VR while streaming.

Tracking

• We’ve enhanced rendering stability for Rift S to improve head tracking.

Oculus Link

• Users are now able to hide the ‘Activate Oculus Link’ modal. You can always enable Oculus Link from the Settings > Quick Actions menu.
58 REPLIES 58

Richooal
Consultant
Woohoo!

V20, nice big round number! Gotta be something exciting here. Wait a minute, is this it?

Oculus Link
  • Users are now able to hide the ‘Activate
    Oculus Link’ modal. You can always enable Oculus Link from the Settings
    > Quick Actions menu.
I don't have a Quest (or link) and so far my hardware is working fine so why this?
cozjkrjghera.jpg

Dear Oculus, please consider 2 releases of software so that Rift users don't have to panic when they realise a new "update" is available. Rift users get zero benefit from all these Quest extras.
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

MalicTolsen
Protege
This update still does not fix the gray window on pinned displays that has been happen since December of last year.

Video of the problem:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HpHyYvIezE

Original post:
https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/86013/pinned-display-z-fighting-issue-bug

Xarstealth
Protege

Richooal said:

Woohoo!

V20, nice big round number! Gotta be something exciting here. Wait a minute, is this it?

Oculus Link
  • Users are now able to hide the ‘Activate
    Oculus Link’ modal. You can always enable Oculus Link from the Settings
    > Quick Actions menu.
I don't have a Quest (or link) and so far my hardware is working fine so why this?
cozjkrjghera.jpg

Dear Oculus, please consider 2 releases of software so that Rift users don't have to panic when they realise a new "update" is available. Rift users get zero benefit from all these Quest extras.

because theres just one usb driver for both devices, so they can fix quest and break something in rift that will be fixed in next releases so they can avoid european law that obligue to support a device for 2 years after release

NWGJulian
Explorer
still cannot use my rift s since 2 days. stopped working from one day to the next. hoped that v20 will fix some issues, but i guess i am too optimistic

Cygnific
Explorer

Oculus Link

• Users are now able to hide the ‘Activate Oculus Link’ modal. You can always enable Oculus Link from the Settings > Quick Actions menu.

Is there a option to Link always on by default if Link cable is connected?

Orkel
Adventurer
Ah yes. Another update for the Quest.
Rift S bugfixes and improvements and new features when? 2025?

motorsep
Rising Star
Sell your Rift S and wait for the next Quest (should be announced soon)  😉

TheXReal
Protege

motorsep said:

Sell your Rift S and wait for the next Quest (should be announced soon)  😉

or never buy oculus again and just save the money for something better then oculus sh*t 😉

also nice PTC update can't wait to see how much you guys at oculus have broken this time....

Kareshi
Heroic Explorer

TheXReal said:

or never buy oculus again and just save the money for something better then oculus sh*t 😉

See, here's the problem with that statement, there isn't anything better than Oculus at this moment in time, the only other that is as good is the Valve Index. WMR isn't on par with Oculus software wise, HTC Vive Cosmos... no, Pimax? Heard too many software complaints, etc.