Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

v21 PTC PC Software Release Notes

ShowbizDonkey
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Link

• We improved our automatic graphics setting prediction to help ensure you have the optimal experience with Oculus Link.
  • We fixed an issue that was causing a delay in Link starting up after selecting Enable from the in-VR prompt. 
30 REPLIES 30

maxstep
Level 3
I know its pointless, and I do have quest 2 preordered, but Rift S still only picks up as usb 2.0 lads. Could you please do something?... Ever since ptc v14 or 17 dont even remember now. Even had the Rift S replaced.
No Rift S love whatsoever, and thats coming from a person with quest 2 and link cable preorder.

TomCgcmfc
Level 16

maxstep said:

I know its pointless, and I do have quest 2 preordered, but Rift S still only picks up as usb 2.0 lads. Could you please do something?... Ever since ptc v14 or 17 dont even remember now. Even had the Rift S replaced.
No Rift S love whatsoever, and thats coming from a person with quest 2 and link cable preorder.

You'll probably be the first to report back that your Quest 2 Link cable only reports back as usb2, lol!  Just kidding mate, cheers.
9 9900k, rtx3090, 32 Gb ram, 1tb ssd, 4tb hdd. xi hero wifi mb, 750w psu, Quest 2 w/Air Link, Vive Pro.

Richooal
Level 12
My Rift still works but many items in my library have no thumbnail or picture or whatever name it goes by. This is in both the desktop app and the library in the headset.
(Version 21.0.0.473.119)
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

MalicTolsen
Level 4
This bug for the Oculus Dash is still not fixed for the Rift S, and has been happening since Dec 2019:

https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/86013/pinned-display-z-fighting-issue-bug#latest

Redlightning777
Level 4
Yes MalicTolsen .. same issue with me.   Not to mention the missing icons from the previous post. 

I wish they would just fix what they broke.  Makes me wonder why two totally unrelated 'fixes' breaks something else.

OzDruiD
Level 2
Confirm the Oculus Dash \ drag out window bug is still happening   as per here !!
https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/86013/pinned-display-z-fighting-issue-bug#latest

How many updates\how long does it take ?

Samsonite121
Level 3
For me the missing icons are now fixed during the day. I don't know if this is related to the new v21 PTC because directly after updating last night the icons were still not complete.

nalex66
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
I noticed the missing graphics from a few game tiles in my Library a couple days ago (before PTC 21 released). They eventually fixed themselves. Nothing to do with this release, I don't think.

i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, 3x Samsung Evo 1TB | Startech PCIe 4x USB 3.0 | Startech PCIe 2x USB C 3.1 gen2

dburne
Level 16

Richooal said:

My Rift still works but many items in my library have no thumbnail or picture or whatever name it goes by. This is in both the desktop app and the library in the headset.
(Version 21.0.0.473.119)

Same here.
Rift CV1| Rift S| Quest| Reverb G2| Index