Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

v25 PTC PC Software Release Notes

ShowbizDonkey
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Link

• You can now set your refresh rate to 80hz and 90hz when using Link with a USB-2 cable.
    • Keep in mind, that even with some of the newest and most powerful GPUs, maxing out values for the render resolution slider with a 90 Hz refresh rate may result in dropped or missing frames.
  • Fixed an issue causing Link to show a black screen after exit.
  • Reduced incidence of “Oculus Link is not working” errors that were happening on shut down. 

(Quick note version numbering: v25 will be the next live release for everyone, as v24 will stay as an internal stability build only)
73 REPLIES 73

tanubon
Level 5
Tbh, Oculus should cut USB2 support. VR ready PC, but no USB3? lol 

Nunyabinez
Level 8
I was holding out hope that the next update would bring sharing, or account switching or whatever Oculus is planning. 

Maybe someday...

i7 8700, 16GB, RTX 2080 TI, Rift CV1 | i5 4690K, 16GB, GTX 1660 TI, Rift CV1 | Quest | Quest 2

micronauta
Level 3
Adjust stuttering with Rift 2 and rtx3000 please!!!

markwest76
Level 4
There must be something wrong with this release: I use link with my Quest and my PC specs are I7-7700, rtx 2060 super (driver 461.09) and this beta v25 (25.0.0.18.658) is unusable because it causes audio to continously cut-out (rolling back to official v23 fixes the problem)

h.r.gargi
Level 7
Same effect here. Extreme stuttering with PTC 25 and Quest 2 original Link cable. USB test also delivers less Gbps than with PTC 24 and stable. Maybe just compatible with a higher Q2 firmware?
German Oculus Quest / Go / Link Facebook Group ... join us
https://www.facebook.com/groups/oculusquestgermany/

LameDuckWarrior
Level 6
I updated and there was a RTX driver update at the same time and everything is running the same as before, flawlessly.
Quest 2 and Link

h.r.gargi
Level 7

I updated and there was a RTX driver update at the same time and everything is running the same as before, flawlessly.
Quest 2 and Link

What card? 30xx or 20xx ?
German Oculus Quest / Go / Link Facebook Group ... join us
https://www.facebook.com/groups/oculusquestgermany/

TomCgcmfc
Level 16

h.r.gargi said:

Quest 2 and Link

Might be useful to state your card as well imho.
9 9900k, rtx3090, 32 Gb ram, 1tb ssd, 4tb hdd. xi hero wifi mb, 750w psu, Quest 2 w/Air Link, Vive Pro.

LameDuckWarrior
Level 6

h.r.gargi said:

Quest 2 and Link