cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
Oculus Link

• You can now set your refresh rate to 80hz and 90hz when using Link with a USB-2 cable.
    • Keep in mind, that even with some of the newest and most powerful GPUs, maxing out values for the render resolution slider with a 90 Hz refresh rate may result in dropped or missing frames.
  • Fixed an issue causing Link to show a black screen after exit.
  • Reduced incidence of “Oculus Link is not working” errors that were happening on shut down. 

(Quick note version numbering: v25 will be the next live release for everyone, as v24 will stay as an internal stability build only)
73 Comments
philneitz
Protege

huliqan said:

Can I have v24 with ptc on and not be updated to the v25?

Yes.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zvoH3uIMij-w-UvCjc3Jh4z5e03U3GAu/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1H_Sgam3hVAtDFPajTu7ZcpUqSrEh681D/view?usp=sharing
Here Early and late versions PTC 24
Stop OVRService
rename C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support
unzip Support folder
Start OVRService
for blocked (disabled) automatically updates.
create txt-files without extension(.txt) in Oculus folder
tmp
Staging
and Oculus Home will no longer be able to automatically update its software ))
but update games and progs still works
If you need Oculus Home Rooms-copy original folder oculus-worlds from 25PTC to Support folder(delete my oculus-worlds with homeless)

Thank you for sharing this!
michal-opole
Honored Guest

huliqan said:

Can I have v24 with ptc on and not be updated to the v25?

Yes.
Here Early and late versions PTC 24
Stop OVRService
rename C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support
unzip Support folder
Start OVRService
for blocked (disabled) automatically updates.
create txt-files without extension(.txt) in Oculus folder
tmp
Staging
and Oculus Home will no longer be able to automatically update its software ))
but update games and progs still works
If you need Oculus Home Rooms-copy original folder oculus-worlds from 25PTC to Support folder(delete my oculus-worlds with homeless)

Thanks man!! downloading v24! but! I don't get that part

"create txt-files without extension(.txt) in Oculus folder
tmp
Staging"

Should I create text file and write "
tmp Staging" in that text file but then, erase ".txt" from it's name? Or create two text files with the names tmp and staging without .txt, ending? 
michal-opole
Honored Guest
So I changed the folders, manifest too. And I'm still at 23 (Oculus App Version 23.0.0.43.517 (23.0.0.43.517)) and after turning on ptc it started  to download 10 updates, probably to newest v25. Or will it not say in the app that it is v24, but it is?  : )
huliqan
Adventurer

Should I create text file and write "tmp Staging" in that text file but then, erase ".txt" from it's name? Or create two text files with the names tmp and staging without .txt, ending? 

you need to create file 
tmp
and you need to create file 
Staging
"erase ".txt" from it's name?" - YES!

So I changed the folders, manifest too. And I'm still at 23 (Oculus App Version 23.0.0.43.517 (23.0.0.43.517)) and after turning on ptc it started  to download 10 updates, probably to newest v25. Or will it not say in the app that it is v24, but it is?  : )

manifest folder no need to change
==and after turning on ptc it started  to download 10 updates, probably to newest v25==
your files 
tmp and Staging is wrong!Create correct files!!!
michal-opole
Honored Guest

huliqan said:

Should I create text file and write "tmp Staging" in that text file but then, erase ".txt" from it's name? Or create two text files with the names tmp and staging without .txt, ending? 

you need to create file 
tmp
Staging

==and after turning on ptc it started  to download 10 updates, probably to newest v25==
your files tmp and Staging is wrong!Create correct files!!!

EDIT: found the show file extension option in file explorer 😛 will try whole process again : )

Thanks for replying. Problem is I can't erase .txt from the files because it isn't in the name, yet it is a text file.
I don't know if that's windows 10 thing or not. I don't get it

j1khgvr6x0oa.jpg
michal-opole
Honored Guest

huliqan said:

you need to create file 
tmp
Staging

I made it : D it seems to not be installing new updates now, nice. However, oculus app shows I'm still at Version 23.0.0.43.517 (23.0.0.43.517) is that the case with you too? Will check later on if perfomance got better ; )
michal-opole
Honored Guest

huliqan said:

you need to create file 
tmp
Staging

Dude, you are a genius. The change in performance between v23 and v25 is astronomical. I was flying Las vegas strip with smooth fps in mfs2020. And here is a kicker, i have 1050 ti for gpu. I will write about it in vr mfs2020 group because the difference is mindblowing. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
huliqan
Adventurer
However, oculus app shows I'm still at Version 23.0.0.43.517 
If you want, replace the Manifest folder from the 24th archive and it will show the version that is. But it will write that there is an update.
But better to leave the Manifest folder from the officially installed version, then the oculus home will not understand that it is being deceived :)))

michal-opole
Honored Guest

huliqan said:

However, oculus app shows I'm still at Version 23.0.0.43.517 
If you want, replace the Manifest folder from the 24th archive and it will show the version that is. But it will write that there is an update.
But better to leave the Manifest folder from the officially installed version, then the oculus home will not understand that it is being deceived :)))

I kinda think mine get it 😄 but maybe because I copied it earlier, because it tries to download the update, it's queued. But it's not updating so that's good. But to hell with that, the performance is amazing now!
huliqan
Adventurer
sehr gut ! natürlich !  😄
bigmike20vt
Visionary

tanubon said:

Tbh, Oculus should cut USB2 support. VR ready PC, but no USB3? lol 

i do see your point, however some people with usb3 have problems when using less than perfect cables (and sometimes even the offiical one) where a usb3 connection will occasionally drop to usb2...... at the moment when this happens it does still work at least,  if they did what you suggest players would not be able to play at all.

jab
Rising Star
The recommended maximum cable length for USB3 is 3 meters and the signal will quickly degrade once you go past that because of signal timing and high frequencies needed for USB3 bandwidth.
For USB2 the recommended length is 5 meter, and the signal will degrade less on subpar cable because the frequency is lower. And the USB2 High Speed bandwidth (480Mbit/sec) should be enough even for VR streaming.
So in short, nothing is free. Faster usually means shorter cables and less resistance against interference and signal degradation.
Peter_TM
Honored Guest

tanubon said:

Tbh, Oculus should cut USB2 support. VR ready PC, but
My pc is vr ready but usb 3.0 is broken most likely my motherboard is broken I have tried literally everything to fix it but it is not working so for me this is quite epic
Minibattle
Protege

huliqan said:

PTC v.25 USB-Link broken.
speed test in v.23 2.2Gbps-2.4Gbps
speed test in v.25 1.4Gbps-1.8Gbps .
And sound in headphones stutters in PTC v.25
What a hell ??? :#

If you have a backup of version 23 I could really use it, this update is awful
Rich0827
Honored Guest
any way to rollback to v23? my oculus force updated to v25 and also my quest 2 upgraded to v25.... now I got audio stutter issue during playing with Link. anyone can help
TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

Rich0827 said:

any way to rollback to v23? my oculus force updated to v25 and also my quest 2 upgraded to v25.... now I got audio stutter issue during playing with Link. anyone can help

You should not have these problems.  If you do, contact Oculus Support and start a ticket.  Also, why are you posting on a PTC thread?
MrNaffNaff
Honored Guest

huliqan said:

PTC v.25 USB-Link broken.
speed test in v.23 2.2Gbps-2.4Gbps
speed test in v.25 1.4Gbps-1.8Gbps .
And sound in headphones stutters in PTC v.25
What a hell ??? :#

I have the same issues. Link stopped working completely right after v25. Can't get it to work and have the official Oculus cable.
Also seeing reduced bandwidth when doing a speed test. 
Paul_LondonLad
Protege

NizZ8 said:

On v25 i started seeing an issue on Quest 2 Link playing dirt rally 2.0 (steam) where the bottom half of my screen would have like a white-distorted overlay on it shortly after entering VR mode for a race.  Exiting quest link resolves the issue in the headset... appears to be a quest link related issue.

Reverted back to v23 and couldn't reproduce the issue.

Specs:
Win10 latest
RTX 3090 - latest drivers
i9 10900k

Good description. I've encountered this in DCS. When I have been able to connect to DCS without the recent regular 'link' disconnections I've encountered since the v25 update (not had this occur once with v23), at times (not all the time) I have experienced what you have described. When I have encountered this strange white/grey distorted overlay (bottom half of each lenses) it can happen shortly after connecting into DCS, or after a period of time.

Would you mind posting how you reverted back to v23?
Joep1neapples
Honored Guest
Guys I think I have done this downgrade back to 24. I get much better cable bandwidth and no home screen. But the version still says 25 is that right?
tanubon
Heroic Explorer
I think there isn't v24.
Richooal
Consultant

Guys I think I have done this downgrade back to 24. I get much better cable bandwidth and no home screen. But the version still says 25 is that right?

V24 was skipped. For those who don't read the whole thread......................

6zxggy6i220r.jpg
JP_Fr
Protege

Hi, since version 26 the crackling of the microphone has gone back. I had to come back to version 25 because my friends couldn't hear me anymore. Thank you to put the information on this new version and a dedicated topic so that we can give our comments because it's useless to test if we can't give our feedback.

MaxArch
Heroic Explorer

Should this solution still work? I applied all steps but the software still reports v4.26 and link is still totally broken for me (<10 fps) where it used to work perfectly for me the past year.