Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

v27 PTC PC Software Release Notes

ShowbizDonkey
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager

Oculus Link

• Added a fix to reduce judder across multiple applications including Medium and Quill.
    • Improvements to microphone reliability.
    • Improved recovery flow for GeForce driver hangs on Pascal cards. For more information, visit https://support.oculus.com/572216283519517/ “Oculus Link isn’t working with my laptop.”
20 REPLIES 20

tanubon
Level 4

got 27.0.0.37.507 now

Dush button? works normally now!

tanubon
Level 4

I got 27.0.0.45.507. No detail.

h.r.gargi
Level 7

My USB rate is extreme low on link and my Quest 2 now. I am using the official link cable...

German Oculus Quest / Go / Link Facebook Group ... join us
https://www.facebook.com/groups/oculusquestgermany/

tanubon
Level 4

Noooooooooo! After v27 (not Link) update, dash button don't work normally again! 😥

tanubon
Level 4

I got 27.1.0.47.507 now.

CrispyCritters
Level 4

locked at 72hz what a joke, i am not on the beta channel so i can not go backwards now wtf oculus you have known about this issue for over a month now yet you still forced people to download v27 and be locked at 72hz complete joke please fix this as i can not play at 72hz after getting used to 90

tkohlhaase
Level 3

Same to me, I voted out of beta for this reason, and now the update is still broken. It feels like Facebook is going to cut the PC Connection for the Quest2?

revasser
Level 3

Ugggggh. I opted OUT of the PTC precisely because of the widely reported problem with Link ignoring the user's refresh setting and being stuck at 72Hz. This morning the PC software updated to v27 on the standard upgrade channel and lo and behold, the problem is still there.

Users have been reporting this problem via this forum, social media (Reddit, Twitter, etc) and the software's own feedback form FOR WEEKS since this version hit the PTC. Why even bother having a public test channel if nobody at your end ever seems to actually review the feedback from the users who are testing the software? Where are the community managers to monitor social media and this forum and pass that info along? Does the feedback form in the PC software just get sent straight to /dev/null or what? Where are the QA staff? Because the lights are on but it sure seems like nobody's home.

Jeez guys, I know Zuck likes to "move fast and break things" and maybe that attitude is alright for free internet services, but it's unacceptable to keep breaking functionality of commercial products that users have shelled out their hard earned for.

Fix it. Do better.

LameDuckWarrior
Level 5

I just shut down from a session on the new update. I too went back to the standard build after realizing it was stuck at 72HZ while it was still PTC.

The first thing I discovered was better stability and fast loading. I didn't think to look at the refresh rate but it looked great. I'll have to check that later.

tkohlhaase
Level 3

As soon as  the update to the regular v27 is done (no PTC Beta) the OVR Metrics shows 72 fps fot the Quest. Settings have no effect.