Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

v27 PTC PC Software Release Notes

ShowbizDonkey
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager

Oculus Link

• Added a fix to reduce judder across multiple applications including Medium and Quill.
    • Improvements to microphone reliability.
    • Improved recovery flow for GeForce driver hangs on Pascal cards. For more information, visit https://support.oculus.com/572216283519517/ “Oculus Link isn’t working with my laptop.”
20 REPLIES 20

tanubon
Level 4

Hmm... small updates. 😕

Critical bug of v27: Dash button don't work properly.

YoLolo69
Level 10

It fixed the horrible flicker we had in Flight Simulator 2020 in VR and this is a great move! 🙂

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 10700K,  RTX 3070, 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz, Oculus Rift CV1

LameDuckWarrior
Level 5

Has anyone else noticed that V27 is locked at 72HZ and crashes back to quest home with regularity?

I'm RTX 2070

I7 9700

jotadesigns
Level 3

V27 is locked at 72HZ and 1.5 resolution

go back to year 2018 why not

I'm getting so tired of these **bleep**ty updates and i have 2 quest 2 both with problems,  i must be very unlucky or are most just affected

I hope the competition comes out now

revasser
Level 3

So for those of us using Quests with Link and having problems, if you browse to the Oculus Troubleshooting FAQ, it does actually say:

> I'm on the Public Test Channel (PTC) and Oculus Link isn't working.

If you've opted in to PTC using the PC software, Oculus Link will not work properly over the next few releases. Please disable PTC access if you intend to utilise Oculus Link.

Please review our official software release notes for any future updates.

So assuming this is there deliberately to refer to this current crop of problems and isn't just coincidentally still there from a previous time the PTC broke link, they have at least acknowledged there is a problem with Link in this build... kinda?

Would be nice to actually see this in the release notes though, lads and lasses at FB Reality. We can't provide you with informed or useful feedback for the public test builds unless you actually publish useful changelogs or at the very least make it clear when there are known major regressions in basic features.

h.r.gargi
Level 7

The Oculus button does not always work in the Rift home. But datarate is back at the old level I had with v23.

German Oculus Quest / Go / Link Facebook Group ... join us
https://www.facebook.com/groups/oculusquestgermany/

RENNO_ROG
Level 2

Nice update now hard crashing my PC! OVRservice causing my pc to shut down instantly! Fix it please.

same here. win 10 20H2 version. my pc crashes and restarting itself while playing msfs 2020.

I have encountered this in the main branch as well. The home button stopped bringing up the oculus pause screen, this would be like if Nintendo switch's home button stopped working. After a PC restart the issue was resolved.