cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

when setting up my rift s i only see black

Anonymous
Not applicable
when the oculus software tells you to finish in vr i cant see anything ive spent about 3 hours trying to fix this my cables are connected and my specs are whats needed anyone got any helpfull tips

9 REPLIES 9

sraura
Heroic Explorer

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am currently having the same problem....  still no fix yet.  What graphics card and drivers are you using may I ask?

Anonymous
Not applicable

sraura said:

It says to change windows username.... any idea how to do this?  My user name has a space in its name  like my first space last name....  could this potentially be causeing this?  a space in-between the names for the user name?  If so, how do I go about changing the name on the computer?

sraura
Heroic Explorer
it could cause it... recent oculus versions have had really random problems with special letters and spaces and many have had success by creating new admin account just to run oculus installer or repair there.
You can try to change the windows username, but it is much more complicated process. Many articles about it in net tho. Username itself is easy to change, but it tends to leave certain stuff referring to your old username and it can be rather time consuming process to go thru everything... Would recommend at least testing with new account 1st so that you know if it will fix your particular issue.
The reason for this remains unknown and is not the 1st time Oculus users have problems with those, but if I had to bet, the recent outbreak was caused by recent windows update rather than changes on Oculus installer... However this information isn't based on any actual facts.

SpiceLife72
Adventurer
You have got the Rift-Trump version.

Anonymous
Not applicable

You have got the Rift-Trump version.

Not sure what you are trying to say there... but just don't....

Anonymous
Not applicable

sraura said:

i tried everything it said and nothing worked 😞

Anonymous
Not applicable

sraura said:

wait i just got it working thanks so much

Anonymous
Not applicable

sraura said:

wait i just got it working thanks so much

What did you do to get it to work?  I am having a similar issue....