cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Install Some Demos Due to WS Reputation 1 Dedected

Calvin
Level 2
Many demos downloaded from share were detected with this "virus/ malware..." program, is anyone here knows whether it is safe to install that?
4 REPLIES 4

jayhawk
Level 9
Anyone can correct me if I'm wrong, but it's reputation based. No reputation is red flagged as much as a bad reputation. In short the files are too new. I have to disable (does it for 15 min automatically) my anti-virus to run the demos.

cybereality
Level 15
We scan all the files hosted on Share, but sometimes there can be false positives. I don't know of any confirmed malware ever being on the site, but I guess it's possible. Some scanners will detect different things than others.

What software are you using that flags the software, and which specific games have the problem?
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Rashim
Level 3
Yeah reputationalarm are usually safe. Norton gets crazy with every new .dll especially with the "direct modes"

just turn it off while testing

sadnhappy
Level 2
I had to put my Oculus / Oculus Games and Demos folders in exception list on the Norton program since I was getting that same false positive from every single demo, it also happens with updates from Grey Dog Software games. Now everything works perfectly fine 🙂
August 1st: DK2 Ordered (Finland) October 7th: Ready straight to Processing 14th of October: Received 🙂