cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Serial Killer Simulator Needs To Happen....

NutsoBlutso
Honored Guest
I know a lot of devs are kind of afraid to make something like a serial killer VR sim, considering everything that goes on in the real world, and how a lot of people would probably be a bit upset(pussies lel), and to a point, I get that, but here is why I think it would be a pretty good idea in a few different ways. Personally being someone who has fairly serious mental illnesses/instabilities, I have admittedly struggled with this sort of..behavior, and I still do from time to time, though under control thanks to a few anti-psychotics, I personally feel that for someone in a "struggle", whether the person is a true danger or the person is more along the lines of an eccentric type, to get to play a game like that, to be in a world where we can just let loose and get all of that bad angst out, could potentially work well in providing a bit more stabilization to the persons mind. I realize that it could have a very negative, unwanted outcome as well, eventually driving the person to do those things in the real world anyway due to their already damaged mind starting to confuse the game world and everything in it with reality, while at the same time, it could possibly push the person away from that state of mind. Now, for me personally, I just want a true serial killing sim in vr just to have some twisted fun, being able to plan things out, stalk the prey, kill them on the spot or capture and cage them like wild animals until I'm ready to do the deed. Something with a kill system that would allow for anything to happen, so long as I can think of it. Something disgustingly realistic, highly-detailed, etc. I would pay whatever price they would ask for, whether or not the price is reasonable, it just seems exciting. The game Gorn is very fun, very amazing. It can actually be quite a work out sometimes, which is a plus. It's the kind of exciting feeling that can be felt playing Gorn that I'd very much like to feel in a serial killer simulator, I just feel like it would be an easy sell, one of those "must-haves" for a lot of people. I guess I'm just hoping that some brave devs see this and think "Well shit, why not?" Hope to see something like it soon. I have checked out that game "The works of mercy" and it looks pretty good, but way too story-driven, in my opinion. The only story I'd want in a game like that is the one I tell to others.
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've actually thought about doing this myself but it's way too much work for one person. Plus you'll end up having the same problem that Rockstar had with Manhunt 2 - you'd need to censor the fuck out of it to get ESRB, BBFC and PEGI certification unless you want to release a XXX rated game, which Oculus and Valve would never allow on their stores.

Manhunt 2 Uncut on the Wii was outstanding but it was completely ruined by censorship.

Digikid1
Consultant
Not a good idea at all. The snowflakes will have a hayday with it. 

saami81
Rising Star
I think you just made mass murder with that wall of text.

jj_villeneuve17
Honored Guest
'I struggle with this kind of... BEHAVIOUR'....???? THIS MANS JUST WANTS A PRACTICE ROUND BEFORE THE REAL TEST

Umpa_PC
Rising Star
Paragraphs are a forums best friend. 
Oculus Rift S - Oculus Quest 128GB
MSI trident 3 7RB-200UK Intel Core i5-7400 3 Ghz x2
MSI GTX 1050 Ti (4GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1060 OC (6GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1070 OC 8GB
16 GB RAM x2, 1TB HDD x2, 1TB SSD x2
Windows 10 Home Edition Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363, Oculus version 17, Quest Version 17
Fan Cooling by Zotac FireStorm - AfterBurner cause me problems.

I think some old threads are better left alone. Censorship isn't really my thing but I think nearly 2 years is probably enough for this one, time to close.