cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello Anything Happening? VR Enthusiasm Dying?

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary

First time I have logged in here for ages now. I guess I am fully team HP Reverb although even that is getting less use these days. I dunno, I feel VR is somewhat stagnating right now (for me at least). What's on the horizon to peak interest? I would very much like to get a Quest 3 and PSVR 2 is a no go because I can get a PS5 without signing up to a tracker website, and really with an RTX 3090 PC I am not that fussed any more. 

Any decent VR games on the horizon worth getting excited for outside of the usual Adult VR games and LOW-FI (which is coming along really nicely now btw)? 

How is the community here now? I kinda lost interest when they changed the look.

Hmmm.

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.
6 REPLIES 6

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary

No a single response from anyone. Hmmm, sums it up then. Either this forum format makes stuff hard to see or there is little community here now.

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

@Shadowmask72  I guess when you post that you are team HP Reverb (WMR), you've lost interest in VR, and you expect someone to get you excited about what's happening, you are not making it easy to reply.

Edit; Also, you've posted this in the Off Topic Thread so except for current posts shown in this forum it's not somewhere many, including myself, look at very often (except the Joke thread, lol!).

You've also spent a lot of time in the past complaining about everything being 'Questified'.  However, if you actually had a Quest 2 (esp. since, like me, you have a very nice rtx3090) this in itself may have kept you enthused with both mobile VR and PCVR, esp. wireless PCVR with Air Link.  The Q2 continues to get better and better imho and with the latest v33 update that includes some very big PCVR visual improvements with both Link and Air Link.

There still are a lot of good PCVR games coming out on a regular basis.  Good old Rune helps keep us all informed about these and there are still numerous new releases on Steam, plus YT reviews.

If you want to light a VR fire in your belly, get a Q2 and join the fun!  Cheers mate and hope to see you post something positive in the near future.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

kojack
MVP
MVP

@Shadowmask72 wrote:

I kinda lost interest when they changed the look.

It doesn't look too bad at the moment.

firefox_rwC5t3QxXe.png

🙂

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Good to hear from you 🙂 

Personally I don't think VR ever has been better - some inspiration here:

https://forums.oculusvr.com/t5/Games-and-Apps/Best-VR-games-and-apps-so-far-in-2021/td-p/877238

I'm rediscovering many old games.

Brass Tactics is solid 90 fps Index res 300% + highest graphics setting and look beyond awesome.
Same for Wilson's Heart, but I play that game res 400%.
Chronos also res 400%.
Lone Echo res 300% with TAA and no MSAA.
Did get No Man's Sky to look really awesome - solid 45 fps res 400%, DLSS Performance. Blur is close to gone.

A few games I enjoy better with oled and some SDE with CV1 ss 2.5 (27 mill pixels per frame, both eyes included):

Stormland
Asgard's Wrath
Mage's Tale

All with maxed out settings in solid 90 fps.

Again, not sure VR ever has been better - but that's thanks to the RTX 3090. Finally I can enjoy my games to the fullest. 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Erm I was one of the purveyors of Quest 1 streaming content before it became all mainstream and airlinkafied. Even put a guide here somewhere, so don't act like I am anti-Quest. I guess I don't have a lot of use for untethered VR at the moment, but that might change when I move to a bigger space. I did have Quest 2 in my basket here since it became widely available but never bit the bullet. I can't really justify at the moment. 

Rune has always been very good at bringing attention to new releases as am I myself, but haven't seen too much new content of late. Like I said, LOW-FI is coming along great though.

@kojack Not using your mod unfortunately. I also get logged out every time I visit here. Facebook obviously don't like me very much. 

@RuneSR2 Great to see you finally got the RTX 3090. Now you can fully appreciate VR!

"@RuneSR2 Great to see you finally got the RTX 3090. Now you can fully appreciate VR!"

Thanks - but I got it in April I think - only had to bleed 3k for the card, lol - more info in this thread:

https://forums.oculusvr.com/t5/General/Nvidia-GeForce-RTX-3060-Ti-3070-Ti-3080-Ti-amp-3090-HAVE-ARRI...

- also I've been doing my best to promote Index res 300-400% on Reddit, lol:

https://www.reddit.com/user/Runesr2

You might have to scroll down a bit 😉 Index thread in here also constantly updated 

RuneSR2_0-1631807877570.png

Played through Wolfie Cyber thinking it was res 250%, but it was res 375% 😂

https://www.reddit.com/r/ValveIndex/comments/pb5yhu/wolfenstein_cyberpilot_looks_awesome_herere_some...

Cyberpilot is awesome using res 375% - nearly all blur gone. 

Furious Seas is probably my game of the year though... for now.... Love sailing - and you really need a 3090 for that game (res 200%). Myst close too. 

And don't tell me you haven't tried EverSlaught 😉 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"