cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost all respect for Zuckerberg and Oculus

EarlGrey
Level 5
So, apparently Mark Zuckerberg is officially supporting Hillary Clinton, the sociopath criminal and liar. The FBI is issuing immunities to all of her underlings as of late. And Mark encourages Facebook employees to vote for Hillary Clinton, democrats. Apparently if you don't, then your job safety is in question. This is the literal definition of being tyrannical.
So I understand it this way, that facebook, thus Oculus, is supporting a sociopath criminal into office.

So, it's quite nuts that America has devolved to this level.

In my country you can advertise all you want your political affiliations without any consequences. Nobody cares. You might get a nice conversation at the dinner table, but the way people are flaming in America it's incomprehensible, it's like war, a civil war.

33 REPLIES 33

EarlGrey
Level 5
And now Palmer has been forced to issue an apology he shouldn't have to apologize for.

I'm waiting for Zuckerbergs apology for supporting Hillary.

Techy111
Level 15
Politics not wanted and not allowed on this forum.
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

EarlGrey
Level 5
Tell

Techy111 said:

Politics not wanted and not allowed on this forum.

Tell it to the other thread.

Techy111
Level 15
OK I will but if I want news I'll go to a news channel thanks.
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have no problem with someone professing the merits of their political candidate of choice, but what Palmer is doing is flat out harmful to free speech.
 He is basically trying to overload the internet with positive "Trumpisms" and negative and fraudulent "Clintonisms".  These type of paid shills will go as far as bullying anyone commenting negatively about their posts, gang up to down mod anything against them and gang up to up mod their agenda. Basically paying an army of posters to troll forums for the benefit of his candidate.

It is not free speech when you effectively silence all of your critics with paid for posts. Free speech also does not absolve the speaker of the consequences of their speech or actions. So a big F U to Palmer for gaming the system and making it even worse than it already is. 

The sad thing is that the moral judgement shown by his actions make his software and hardware even more suspect than his teaming up with facebook. If he can't see how morally bankrupt his political tactics are, what is to stop him from giving the okay for nefarious software to be updated to the oculus hardware/software.

Zenbane
Level 15

EarlGrey said:

And Mark encourages Facebook employees to vote for Hillary Clinton, democrats. Apparently if you don't, then your job safety is in question. This is the literal definition of being tyrannical.

It's interesting how easily you take the logical leap to label someone as "tyrannical," yet you so quickly refuse to acknowledge that Trump is racist,

"Why won't you holster that weapon? That weapon of accusation, slander.
It doesn't belong in here. If racist accusations are the only thing you
got going for you then you're a sad individual."

-EarlGrey

https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/comment/438231/#Comment_438231

Trying to call Zuckerberg a tyrant simply because you prefer the racist views of Trump seems equally slanderous. And was there really a need to start a new thread just to showcase your ignorance?

This thread doesn't illustrate an issue with Facebook, Oculus, or Zuckerberg... this thread presents a person who wishes to fuel prejudice and lies.

Zenbane
Level 15

Tempered said:

It is not free speech when you effectively silence all of your critics with paid for posts. Free speech also does not absolve the speaker of the consequences of their speech or actions. So a big F U to Palmer for gaming the system and making it even worse than it already is. 

Eloquently stated, and so very true. Paid hate-speech combats free speech, a truth so many people can't process either due to their intellect or their prejudice.

That being said, I don't agree that all of this should be used as fuel against Oculus the organization. I still love my Rift and I still respect the work of those at Oculus Studios.

As I've said before... there were far more atrocities during the Bush Jr. dual-presidency; with crimes surrounding the Oil & Gas Industry. Yet none of us has boycotted driving cars. I see no reason to boycott a VR company simply because of the independent personal actions of one individual.

EarlGrey
Level 5

Zenbane said:

EarlGrey said:

And Mark encourages Facebook employees to vote for Hillary Clinton, democrats. Apparently if you don't, then your job safety is in question. This is the literal definition of being tyrannical.

It's interesting how easily you take the logical leap to label someone as "tyrannical," yet you so quickly refuse to acknowledge that Trump is racist,

"Why won't you holster that weapon? That weapon of accusation, slander.
It doesn't belong in here. If racist accusations are the only thing you
got going for you then you're a sad individual."

-EarlGrey

https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/comment/438231/#Comment_438231

Trying to call Zuckerberg a tyrant simply because you prefer the racist views of Trump seems equally slanderous. And was there really a need to start a new thread just to showcase your ignorance?

This thread doesn't illustrate an issue with Facebook, Oculus, or Zuckerberg... this thread presents a person who wishes to fuel prejudice and lies.

You promptly come to the conclusion that Trump is a racist. It's a serious thing to accuse someone of being a racist, especially when you have nothing backing you.

And yes, Zuckerberg is a tyrant. He acts like he's all benevolent, but in reality he's like more like Kaa from Jungle Book, the hypnotizing snake.

Just recently he asked me for the photo of my passport.

And then Oculus is "connected" to facebook for "friends".

Zenbane
Level 15
"You promptly come to the conclusion that Trump is a racist"

"And yes, Zuckerberg is a tyrant."

Watching you try to be logical is like watching a potato sac filled with angry squirrels.

The conclusion that Trump is a racist is not prompt, it is a basic observation that satisfies things like the Scientific Method lol. You have no proof whatsoever that Zuckerberg is a tyrant. Aside from such an accusation screaming of nonsensical hyperbole, your only evidence is hearsay.

Trump racist articles,

http://fortune.com/2016/06/07/donald-trump-racism-quotes/

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2016/09/20/trump_is_racist_here_s_a_reminder.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-racist-examples_us_56d47177e4b03260bf777e83

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/09/trump-black-outreach/501242/

As for Zuckerberg, he is documented for supporting both Republics and Democrats,
http://uspolitics.about.com/od/Money-In-Politics/fl/Facebook-and-Mark-Zuckerberg-are-Supporting-Thes...

Any objections he has to Trump is a demonstration of his ability to maintain a high intellect and moral compass; y'know, those things you are a tyrant against.