cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Love this thing.

Bizwald
Honored Guest
So at first many of the apps for OR made me a bit ill in the stomach. So I started to experiment with my own project and the Rift. After 2 hours of fidgeting with the Rift and my project.... no more motion sickness.

Some people even are squakin about suing...lol.. lamers. You can't sue due to your lack of developer skills sorry... hate to be the bearer of bad news. And if you try... I'd be the first one there with 20 years of VR under my belt to give expert testimony that your extremely stupid.

Only one issue remains.... I noticed: say a light post close to the camera view will make you see double while all the buildings don't. Unsure how to work that out. But I'm sure there is a way. Gotta be something to do with the software we used. This being said... those who think it's Oculus's fault they get sick.... might wanna recheck that.... we have a whole 200 block city with lights signs everything you'd expect to find in a futuristic city.... and your in a hover car flying in and around buildings twice as tall as any of our biggest skyscrapers....... you want to talk about motion sickness? lol....
I was able to fix this issue. But I'm also an actual dev.

Getting motion sickness if fault could be laid would be to those making the apps for it or the 3rd party engines they use but don't actually understand what they are doing. Not Oculus.

I will enjoy making fun of those who cry about getting real life side effects from VR.
What did you think would happen? Ever jump on a merry go round and go to fast for too long?
The fact the OR can do this means.... they succeeded.... if you hurl please take pics and share them so I can laugh at you. Take some gravel and wait for the commercial version..... really.... lol...
10 REPLIES 10

saviornt
Protege
:?
Current WIPs using Unreal Engine 4: Agrona - Tales of an Era: Medieval Fantasy MORPG

Bizwald
Honored Guest
...You would think...

opamp
Protege

DK2. Phenom 2 x4 4.2GHz,Asrock Extreme 3 970,8GB DDR3 1600, R9 270x 1180/1400.

Bizwald
Honored Guest
Well its a good thing I don't drink anything like that. Who needs wings and false energy when you got technology and youth and toys to play with and coffee to drink.
Energy drinks, never drank one.

My local water makes me feel sick with all the chems they put in it. Figure anything that don't make me feel like the water does.....can't be all that bad lol.

opamp
Protege
"Bizwald" wrote:
Well its a good thing I don't drink anything like that. Who needs wings and false energy when you got technology and youth and toys to play with and coffee to drink.
Energy drinks, never drank one.

My local water makes me feel sick with all the chems they put in it. Figure anything that don't make me feel like the water does.....can't be all that bad lol.

Ah! Caffeine + DK2 + the exuberance of youth!
A heady mixture.

That explains the wall of super-excited text. 😉
DK2. Phenom 2 x4 4.2GHz,Asrock Extreme 3 970,8GB DDR3 1600, R9 270x 1180/1400.

VizionVR
Rising Star
Ah! Caffeine + DK2 + the exuberance of youth!
A heady mixture.

And a good dose of THC, but that's just me. Don't do drugs, kids!
Not a Rift fanboi. Not a Vive fanboi. I'm a VR fanboi. Get it straight.

Bizwald
Honored Guest
lol...

Got all my issues solved and no more motion sickness. I've been so blown away for the last day... I just want to reach out and grab stuff ...crazy!!! The p5 glove is cool... but... want the Leap Motion to get here... Got my hands all mapped and ready... just need the cords for each joint to feed to the virtual hands. 🙂

cristyloe
Honored Guest
"Bizwald" wrote:
...You would think...

^^^ditto

JamesAck
Honored Guest
I would think that if you are seeing double, you are hitting the "blind spot" in both eyes, which is hard for the brain to compensate for..

Ideas would be to do a simple subtraction of one eye flare out, this would break the "double vision " issue..

Human eyes use the blind spot in the center for not just compensation, but for binocular "focus" as well.. Concentrate hard enough and you can see each blind spot in the eye as a ghost spot..

It has been said that the blind spot is the weakness to the mind, it could theoretically allow information to be projected in the blind spot at a fast enough rate, that the brain will process it without the consciousness being aware of it..

This was one of the hypothetical's shown in the movie "lawnmower man" (thought the rest was still very much left wing hyper reality lol)...