cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Neon Avatar Options

Anonymous
Not applicable
So I logged into My Rift home or what ever you really want to call it, and I saw the mirror. I thought to myself perhaps I could maybe make a  few more screen shots and maybe even poses to be silly for my twitch channel. My twitch channel's colors revolve around the neon purple avatar I had made in this setting. Not only was I appalled by the default setting of what I saw, I was under the impression if I back away from this it will be fixed. It did not fix it. I didn't click save either. I simply left in a hurry and closed out rift. When I came back my hands were the color of skin. I see this random mixed mesh of selections thrown onto my avatar and none of them are what I wanted! 
Please. Don't take this all so negatively. If I'm going to be honest I think it's cool they added all the new features. I like some of the clothing and even the options of stuff, but what I don't like is that the neon option was REMOVED! I didn't want this to change. In fact this is something I've been seeing that is heavily requested  to bring back. It seems this was a negative choice to completely remove them instead of giving the option to change at will. 
So what I'm saying in the long run is don't forcefully change people who are unaware of the change for one, and two please bring back the old options  to make us neon again! We loved to so much. Hell to be honest I'd even wouldn't mind it being  an unlockable or something of the sorts. Please bring this back. 
2 REPLIES 2

CrashFu
Consultant
I'd love to see more options in general.  I mean, these are our Avatars across the Oculus platform, what we use when meeting people in our / their Homes, etc.  so we really should be able to make something we love.

In particular, I'd love to see some non-human options.  Let me be a robot or a monster or a cat-person or something. :confused:
It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.

MikeF
Trustee
the v1's are gone forever, development has stopped entirely and all new users and legacy v1's will be moved to the expressive update starting today. You might be able to avoid it by not looking at the mirror, but there's a chance you'l have it auto change in the background anyways