cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
190 REPLIES 190

cybereality
Grand Champion
The Switch JoyCon has orientation tracking (gyro, etc.) but no external sensor (like Wii) so it's more limited with using it like a laser pointer. I mean, developers can probably try but I'm not sure it will be to the level of Metroid.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

god_alom
Adventurer
I think it's more updated, where they do you click and aim using the gyroscope, accelerametoers, just like how you air mouse remote, so no need for sensor bar and ir lights.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Recent news points at the Switch getting VR Support. That may change a lot of Nay's to Yay's!!

A picture of the source code that shows VR Support was leaked on Twitter:

Full article:
http://360vrcommunity.com/2017/08/28/get-excited-nintendo-switch-os-source-code-hints-at-switch-vr-s...

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
For reals. I predicted this and that image.

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

FilmgeekTimmy
Explorer
Switch is a great +1 console/portable, its great for portablility exclusives and party games. As a loner console its weak but if you have an Xbox One or PS4 and are looking for a second option its good stuff!

cybereality
Grand Champion
I like the Switch, but I wouldn't want it as my only console. 
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

kevinw729
Honored Visionary

For reals. I predicted this and that image.

You predicted it! - I posted these images back in February!
kevinw729 said:

https://vrawards.aixr.org/ "The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities" https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959

Squidoll
Explorer
I don't care to what ever they say, I will give it a try coz I'm a gamer at the same time a traveler. II love Zelda and Mario.

danknugz
Superstar
i actually have 2 neon red/blue switches now which both are on firmware < 3.0 so if that exploit develops into homebrew im hoping ill be able to flip them for a profit, if not, just give at least one as a gift and maybe keep one for myself

i still havent used or even unboxed them, but i am looking forward to zelda and mario, problem is i am still on mario sunshine for my mario backlog and ocarina of time for zelda, so want to play though all the hames iteratively and not just jump to the latest and skip all the great games in between.
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text. Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing? A: Top-posting. Q: What is the most annoying thing on forums?

isla9
Explorer

I like the Switch, but I wouldn't want it as my only console. 

same!