cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non-official Oculus downtime venting and mayhem thread

VRMageddon-1
Rising Star
Blow off steam here while we wait for a fix!
87 REPLIES 87

Sneakygloworm
Expert Protege
I feel Oculus couldv'e pushed a more understandable message when we tried to start the service rather than a generic looking desktop crash message. I actually thought my headset had succumbed to the "broken for no reason" curse. I did a software download and repair (which didn't complete because of the OVR runtime failure). Should've checked the forum first I guess. :smirk:

FastForward352
Heroic Explorer
I took the habit to always browse the forum while drinking coffee before I put my headset on for many hours ! It saved me today :smile:
Asus X99-A MB | i7 5820K @ 3.30GHz | Asus ROG-STRIX 1080Ti | 32 Gb RAM | SSD SAMSUNG 500Go M-2 |  Samsung 40" 4K Screen | T500RS & TH8A Shifter on Wheel Stand Pro | TM Warthog & Combat Rudder Pedals | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | OCULUS RIFT CV1 - 3 Sensor roomscale setup

VRMageddon-1
Rising Star

kael13 said:

Actually I'm gonna go rock climbing as my toy is broken :neutral:

but the rock climbing game won't load...

FastForward352
Heroic Explorer
I think he was talking of real life :s Poor guy ! 😞 😞
Asus X99-A MB | i7 5820K @ 3.30GHz | Asus ROG-STRIX 1080Ti | 32 Gb RAM | SSD SAMSUNG 500Go M-2 |  Samsung 40" 4K Screen | T500RS & TH8A Shifter on Wheel Stand Pro | TM Warthog & Combat Rudder Pedals | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | OCULUS RIFT CV1 - 3 Sensor roomscale setup

VRMageddon-1
Rising Star

I think he was talking of real life :s Poor guy ! 😞 😞

You can load the rock climbing game in real life?  What kind of adapter do I need?

FastForward352
Heroic Explorer
I'm not sure, I haven't been in real life for a looong time ! 😕

neocaleric
Protege
Been playing Monster Hunter World on PS4 lately so my Rift has been neglected the last few weeks... Surprised to read a headline saying all Rifts had died! 😧 Will check tonight when i get home if it has been fixed by then. Some people were demanding compensation and while i generally don't agree with that kind of thinking, it IS kinda serious if every single one of your users was unable to play.

VRMageddon-1
Rising Star

Been playing Monster Hunter World on PS4 lately so my Rift has been neglected the last few weeks... Surprised to read a headline saying all Rifts had died! 😧 Will check tonight when i get home if it has been fixed by then. Some people were demanding compensation and while i generally don't agree with that kind of thinking, it IS kinda serious if every single one of your users was unable to play.

it's a simple license expiration issue, rolling out the fix might be tricky but it's not dead by any means, just sleeping

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Back-to-Back sessions with Archangel, In Deat, From Other Suns, and OrbusVR sucked away about 2 months of my life. So this error is coming at a time where Im taking a small break from VR anyway. whew!

MrKaru
Adventurer

Zenbane said:

Back-to-Back sessions with Archangel, In Deat, From Other Suns, and OrbusVR sucked away about 2 months of my life. So this error is coming at a time where Im taking a small break from VR anyway. whew!

I've been on the lookout for people recommending From Other Suns so I can ask, how is it for solo play? I have no VR friends and I'm not comfortable using mic with people I don't know. Would it be worth it for me?

Also Orbus is the MMO, right? £30 seems super pricy for what I've seen of it. I'd love a good MMO but short of watching hundreds of hours of gameplay it's hard to get an idea of whether or not it's worth it. What are your thoughts on it?