cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nvidia kills off 3D vision

Wildt
Consultant
https://www.engadget.com/2019/03/11/nvidia-ends-3d-vision-support/

Bollox. I use this tech to output full 1080p resolution (not SBS) 3d movies to my projector using the 3D vision support in Stereoscopic player.
:cry:
PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
WMR: HP Reverb
32 REPLIES 32

Digikid1
Consultant
I used to have the 3D monitor and glasses for this.  Loved playing Left for Dead 2 on it. 

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

Digikid1 said:

I used to have the 3D monitor and glasses for this.  Loved playing Left for Dead 2 on it. 

I loved playing Left for Dead too, but I don't think other online players liked me playing it. They reckoned I sucked at playing it.

Wildt
Consultant
The new 430.39 drivers are the first to not offer 3D vision 😞
PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
WMR: HP Reverb

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
Crap that Nvidia has stopped supporting 3D vision when they sold the Nvidia 3D vision kits. Wouldn't hurt them to continue to support it for a few years instead of just announcing that they are stopping and doing it so soon.

Dawas19
Explorer
It's sad to hear it

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah, this is pretty sad but not all that unexpected. I mean, they stopped making 3D monitors and TVs several years ago, so it's kind of been moving in that direction. Truth be told, I don't even remember the last game I played with Nvidia 3D Vision (and I sold my 3D monitors last year, just have a projector left).

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
@TheRealCyber - I've just downloaded the Nvida drivers for both the Geforce 1080 & 2080Ti that support 3D drivers. I'll just have to make sure I have a second Pc that will always be able to do 3D on my projector. I think if more people had the space for a 3D projector, then 3D might have taken off because it's brilliant to see 3D on a projector. It's so much better then seeing it on a small television.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah, I saved the 418 drivers just in case. At least if I don't upgrade my HTPC it should still work for a bit. 3D on a projector is cool, but being limited to 720p is a bummer. Especially after gaming on 4K, dropping down to 720p is not great. At least we can still watch 3D Blu Ray on PS4, that is mostly what I use the projector for but not that often to be honest.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
@TheRealCyber - Bit of confusion that you might be able to clear up for me. I've downloaded the 419 drivers and they seem to work with 3D. Also, @Wildt says it's the 430 drivers that have stopped doing 3D, so I'm presuming the 419 drivers are alright? Would that be correct?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sounds about right. I updated my laptop last night to the 430 drivers and 3D Vision was gone from the options.