cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Quest 2 Windows 11 Performance. can never hit maximum FPS with link cable.

Gifted83
Protege

I decided to give windows 11 a go and everything on my PC is working flawlessly apart from one big one... Oculus Link performance. Before I go back to windows 10 I wonder if anyone has figured this out already.

Oculus software works fine and the Quest 2 link connects, but it can never hit the required fps settings no matter what they are. So if I have link set to 90hz, then in game it will be about 82-85fps and stuttering, it never hits 90fps even though the game says its locked at 90 on my monitors no problem, and I have loads of headroom in performance monitor (I have a 5900x and RTX 3090!) - If i use the 120hz option then i will get about 105fps but never 120. Even if i choose 72hz ill get about 65fps. super annoying.

I went onto the beta channel on the software and got the latest updates but still no luck.

I dont mind going back to windows 10 and i get windows 11 might not be ready yet, but literally EVERYTHING else on my pc works fine, only the vr performance, so its a shame. Any ideas of things to try before I reinstall windows 10?

453 REPLIES 453

One problem with this theory, Windows 10 continues to receive PTC updates.

Do you propose that Meta is trying to undermine Windows 11?

I find it frustrating too but let's try staying on Earth 1.

Feels bad for all new Meta Quest users who got a Windows 11 Prebuild or people like me who decided 'heck' why not just try Windows 11

madTeddy
Explorer

The warning about Windows 11 support issues has disappeared from the main Oculus support page. I was wondering if they had fixed the problems, but no...Support said Windows 11 is still unsupported and there is no approximate date...

If they were actively doing this, a date would have been known a long time ago, but as it is, I understand I won't be able to play Oculus on Windows 11 for a long time yet...

That warning is indeed gone.

Now, I am back on Win10 and I know support has said it's still not compatible but, v38 is still PTC and I have a sneaky feeling the additional "mobile asw" is for the transition.

Has anyone tried Win11 with the new PTC v38?

ROBYER1
Protege

Screenshot_20220310-170232~2.png

Warning is still there for me?

LameDuckWarrior_0-1646996268505.png

Not me.

Are you looking at the main support.oculus.com page? Because that's where I have that warning gone.

madTeddy_0-1647004313479.png

yes., the main support page.

However, it still requires the sound workaround which works really great.

But no, it's not out of the box yet.

Considering support can't tell their front from back, has anyone tried V38 with Windows 11?

Ryanality
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone, V38 does not add support for Windows 11, it's possible the banner on the support site was bumped off because of the new one that was added. I'll follow up with the team on that one and see.

Help others find great discussions and answers by adding kudos and marking solutions to your questions.