cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Off topic! SWORDS!

sirredknight
Honored Guest
I know this is off topic and yes I'm a lover of Oculus! But their is one other product I would like to share with you guys . It is called "Sabertron" a wireless sword that keeps track of scoring. I LOVE to sword fight! The only problem I had was who hit who first and we would always need a 3rd person judging our fights. With this sword you can have a 20vs20 people fighting and their swords will show the health of each person till the last man is standing. IT IS THAT COOL!

They are going on Kickstarter this week. So Like them on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=423278297805137&set=vb.374110436055257&type=2&theater

Main website: http://www.sabertron.com/
14 REPLIES 14

cybereality
Grand Champion
This is cool, but totally off-topic. Moving to the lounge.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

sirredknight
Honored Guest
But no one goes to the lounge. 😞

Gratt55
Honored Guest
I would have loved this as a kid! 😄

kojack
MVP
MVP
I think I'll get a couple for work. 🙂
(Some of the other staff have nerf guns)
Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

ghickey75
Honored Guest
Boomerangs!

saviornt
Protege
Mmm, no thanks. I'll keep my kendo and kenjitsu tyvm.

I wonder what would happen if instead of a shinai, I used my shinken during a kendo match 😮
Current WIPs using Unreal Engine 4: Agrona - Tales of an Era: Medieval Fantasy MORPG

kojack
MVP
MVP
That might get a bit messy, and probably isn't in the spirit of the art. 🙂
(Unless your opponent was similarly armed)

Hmm, I'd like to see a kendo match with a shinai vs a sjambok. That would be interesting. With practice you can stab around corners with a sjambok.
Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

zaroba
Honored Guest
Interesting.

I am honestly surprised that Nerf didn't make a score keeping sword already.
They already have foam swords and score keeping armor for Nerf gun fights.

saviornt
Protege
"kojack" wrote:
That might get a bit messy, and probably isn't in the spirit of the art. 🙂
(Unless your opponent was similarly armed)

Hmm, I'd like to see a kendo match with a shinai vs a sjambok. That would be interesting. With practice you can stab around corners with a sjambok.

True true, I suppose I have to suffice with our "live practice" in the dojo. To practice the actual cut we use the traditional cutting of bamboo, and when we practice with a partner, it is a HIGHLY controlled setting. Accidents do happen though!

DO NOT OPEN THE IMAGES IF YOU'RE QUEASY!!

Even if you're 20+ years into ken or iado, ALWAYS ALWAYS make sure there is someone nearby. Perfect case for this is Don Rice (deceased):

I just got off the phone with forum member Don Rice and his lady Sherry.

Last week Don was doing his laido workout when he was re-scabbarding his
katana and missed- he ran the blade clear through his left forearm.
The blade ran against the bone, severed the main arteries and did alot of muscle damage.
Don said at least 6" of the blade had protruded out the other side of his arm.

He nearly bled out but they applied a belt around his arm until the rescue squad arrived.
He has had two major surgeries on his arm and its now in a cast-and will most likely remain so
for 3 months.

The doctors don't think there will be any nerve damage.

(Note: That's how sharp these things are, for this type of accident the cut was as clean as a scalpel's cut. After he recovered, he had full control of his arm). In the thread, he mentions (iirc) at how "amazed" the doctors were due to this type of injury.)

Don said he had a lapse of concentration and simply messed up.

Lets all hope for Don's speedy recovery!

dave

http://www.swordforum.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=58276&d=1113428566
http://www.swordforum.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=58275&d=1113434758

On a less serious note (for the lulz, always for the lulz):

Current WIPs using Unreal Engine 4: Agrona - Tales of an Era: Medieval Fantasy MORPG