cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Official "Thank you, kojack" Thread

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
It's 2am for Mr. Kojack right now, but he was kind enough to wake up and save the forum from the spambot attack.

Post your kindest 'thank you' meme's, here. Hooray!

13 REPLIES 13

SkScotchegg
Expert Trustee
What happened?
UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!

cybereality
Grand Champion
Thanks @kojack. I try to give everyone a chance (or a second or third chance) but almost always I am reminded why they were banned in the first place. 
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Hi, Kojack. 

Long story short, only reason I'm here is because I discovered your AutoOculusTouch code. I was a 3D modeler, rigger and "you name it" for over a decade. After finding AOT, I actually learned to code in auto hot key. I created a script using it and would like to learn more. In fact, I've been compiling the OpenXR loader into a DLL to see if I can expand on AutoOculusTouch to include more VR hardware using OpenXR. Not sure if you can provide a direction to start looking to decipher the functions.

The link is my first script ever and I'm so happy with it. If you have any tips, please let me know. You've inspired me into learning, even as a retired artist...coding.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1FljsTPdzAP9uWNPEF4t96n4PDTlum4Mx?usp=sharing

I have a question, however. Despite my best efforts, I can't get the Dash's copied cursor to toggle off in anyway when playing.

I can't stress enough how much I appreciate you introducing me to something I find so much enjoyment in. 

THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!

kojack
MVP
MVP

Apparently I stopped a spammer 4 years ago? My memory sucks. 🙂

Sorry, I've been away from the forum for a couple of weeks.

OpenXR is definitely an interesting way to go, that could possibly let other headsets/controllers work. Lighthouse systems (Vive, Index) would be particularly good, due to tracking system working well when the headset isn't worn.

The main potential issue is if they can do non-rendering vr apps. I haven't done enough OpenXR or SteamVR to know if that's easy. In the Oculus SDK you can initialise the system as an invisible app. This means a VR app that does no rendering, doesn't appear on the headset at all as running, and can run while another VR app is active, but it gets full hand and headset tracking.

Star Citizen script? Nice!

I'm not really sure about the dash cursor, I haven't played around much with that part.

Great to hear you are getting into programming. 🙂 

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2