cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Partnership with academic study for a good cause

vmorsell
Level 2
Hi. Hope this doesn't violate any forum rules. If so, feel free to remove the post.

I'm a student at KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden and will shortly conduct an 8 weeks study in Rwanda utilizing VR headsets to measure how people describe locations by text and by speech input. The study targets to help developing street address systems in the areas of the world were the government doesn't provide addresses. Our goals align with UN:s Agenda 2030 and the study is funded by the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency, Sida.

Do you guys at Oculus do partnerships/sponsorships of such initiatives, and do you know who I should try to connect with? Since the African tech market is growing rapidly, we figure you guys might be interested in exposing your products there as well ๐Ÿ™‚

Hope this sounds interesting. Looking forward to hear from you.

Cheers,
Viktor
2 REPLIES 2

vmorsell
Level 2
@cybereality, I noticed you were tagged in a similar discussion (https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/comment/582755#Comment_582755). Do you know who I should try to get in touch with?

Nekto2
Level 9

> The study targets to help developing street address systems in the areas of the world were the government doesn't provide addresses. 

Are you referring to GPS address?

Have you consult with programmers who try to develop geo and delivery services? They are not very happy of existing post addressing schemes. Some even have had their houses pulled down because of an error in addressing schemes.

Better to use some existing open database or map.

ps. cybereality is not here any more.

pps. have you tried to contact "Oculus for business" division?