cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlayStation 4 Pro worth getting for Red Dead Redemption 2?

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
I really like the look of Red Dead Redemption 2, so much so that I'm thinking about getting a Playstaion 4 Pro just to play it. Would you say the game is good and is it worth getting a Playstation 4 pro for? I might even get PS-VR when they knock the £100 of it like there going to soon. Also, I've heard good things about the game The Last of Use. What do you reckon are Platstaion 4 Pro's worth getting?
29 REPLIES 29

Digikid1
Consultant
No. The Xbox One X has the best graphics out of all of the systems according to the reviews. 

Its also the only true 4K console so that makes sense really.....and has an ACTUAL 4K drive unlike the PS4 Pro....

I have both systems and the Xbox versions seem better. 

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
@Digikid1 - What's the game like is it worth getting a console for or not? I really like Westerns and this game looks really nice. I also always wanted to play "The Last Of Use" but there's no guarantee that these games will ever come to the PC..

bigmike20vt
Visionary
i cant answer the specific question, but as for xbox1x vs ps4pro.. the thing is, if you have a high end pc you have 90% of the xbox 1 "exclusives" already, where as a ps4 pro has an absolute ton of quality exclusives which will likely never come to PC. 
to anyone who does not have a pc then i agree the xbox1x is an interesting proposition but for us, as a 2nd machine next to our pc, imo the ps4pro would be a no brainer out of the 2 (i am biased however as it is what i did 😉 )

personally even tho i have a ps4pro, i am hanging fire, as have not given up on a pc release yet.

The last of us is outstanding btw and looks great with HDR..... the console cant really do 4k that well - as @digikid1 correctly states, however it has a middle ground setting which works well, its around QHD resolution with an "aimed" 60fps which it hits most of the time. this is what i use.  (basically if naughtydog made it, it is worth owning imo, then throw in the shadow of colossus and the last guardian, horizon ZD, hell, i could go on but that is not really for this thread!)
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

Digikid1
Consultant
Oh I don’t have the game. My friend does though and it looks great on his non hdr tv and Xbox One X. 

Just remember that the ps4 pro can’t really do true 4k...it does do “checkerboard” 4k.  It’s a cheat really.

I only got a PS4 pro for one series of games only....The InFamous series....and of course Knack. All other games I go for The Xbox.  Better graphics and better controller. 

Yes I am a bit of a Xbox fan.  However what I said about the ps4 pro is completely true as well. 

bigmike20vt
Visionary

Digikid1 said:

Oh I don’t have the game. My friend does though and it looks great on his non hdr tv and Xbox One X. 

Just remember that the ps4 pro can’t really do true 4k...it does do “checkerboard” 4k.  It’s a cheat really.

I only got a PS4 pro for one series of games only....The InFamous series....and of course Knack. All other games I go for The Xbox.  Better graphics and better controller. 

Yes I am a bit of a Xbox fan.  However what I said about the ps4 pro is completely true as well. 

How many Xbox1 exclusives are there tho, that is the problem imo..  (actually it is not a problem it is a design choice, one i commend MS for).  forgetting old games before xbox became a platform rather than a console i can only think of a small handful, but your forzas and your gears of wars are now on PC and (aside for MS gimping the PC version of GOW4 by not pushing the HDR update onto pc) if you have a pc then it kind of makes the xbox redundant  for those games.

i miss halo tho. i will give you that one 😉

stuff like destiny 2 for instance, ps4pro/xbox1x it doesnt matter only the pc can do 4k / 60fps (good timing perhaps to throw it in is currently free to own on pc for the next few days) AND you dont have to pay online subs 🙂

the pad tho...... the xbox pad is still my fave traditional pad on the market, although the ps4 pad is the best version of the dual shock they ever made.
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

LZoltowski
Champion
I am going to wait for a PC release, I cannot stand playing 3rd Person/FPS games with the controller. Need mouse and keyboard, plus knowing that I invested in a game I can mod the hell out of at a later stage to give me more for my money 🙂
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

pyroth309
Visionary
Yea as stated, Red Dead Redemption 2 looks way better on Xbox one X. The PS4 pro looks pretty bad in a lot of spots but it's probably better to go PS4 pro if you have a PC as stated due to the other games.

I have a PS4 pro and my likely unpopular opinion is, the only exclusives I enjoyed is God of War, Marvel's Spider Man, Bloodborne and Shadow of the Colossus remake. I'm actually not much of a fan of Naughty Dog games other than their abliity to squeeze graphics out of consoles. Their games all have bad/boring gameplay to me that keeps getting rehashed and the stories mostly bore me. But I get why they're popular. 

I too am hoping we get a PC version of Red Dead as I don't really want to pay for the blurry version of PS4 nor do I want to buy an Xbox one X at this point. 

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
I've just looked at the price of some of the console games and it's made me think again. I wish I could borrow a Playstation Pro or Xbox just to play through the games I mentioned. We will be waiting a year if RockStar decide to even bring Red dead 2 to PC..

pyroth309
Visionary

RedRizla said:

I've just looked at the price of some of the console games and it's made me think again. I wish I could borrow a Playstation Pro or Xbox just to play through the games I mentioned. We will be waiting a year if RockStar decide to even bring Red dead 2 to PC..

Times like this reminds me of my childhood when we had video game rental stores. Could just go down and rent one lol. Probably a way to do it online but too much hassle imo lol.