cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red Dead Redemption 2 PC?

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
I literally purchased a PlayStation for Red dead Redemption 2 yesterday and it's going back today. The Playstation controls really do suck when you are used to keyboard & mouse. What is it with RockStar that they can't just say if they intend bringing this game to the PC? I mean, why do some development teams choose to act all secretive about a game coming to the PC or not? When do you think we are most likely to hear something, or do you think it will just go the same way as the first Red dead Redemption and not arrive on the PC?

I didn't get chance to see if Red dead Redemption 2 is better then Grand Theft Auto V, which I have on my PC. But for those that have played both games what do you reckon? I'm talking about comparing the games now not the Playstation controller v Keyboard & Mouse. I just want to get an idea what Read dead 2 is like compared to GTA V. I thought it looked a really good game, but didn't stay on it long enough because I'm useless with the Playstation controller..
78 REPLIES 78

bigmike20vt
Visionary
well dont forget there is code in the playstation version mentioning oculus so........................................ fingers crossed.
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

nrosko
Superstar
I was thinking of getting a PSPro but talk myself out of it due to the controllers. Looks like a made the right choice. Also I have so many games on pc i haven't completed it just doesn't make sense. 

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
I purchased PlayStaion Pro again and took it back again. Apparently on the PlayStation Pro there's a blur problem with Red Dead Redemption 2 when using 4k. Glad I took the second one back though because I've got loads of games on the PC that I haven't even started. Metro, The Witcher, Dying Light, Far Cry 5 etc..

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been trying to play it on my Sons Xbox and although it is a great game, the bit that should be the best part, shooting people is as boring and as awkward as hell.

I think even with a mouse it is going to fall flat for me now. I was playing Fallout VR last night and the experience is on a whole new level. 

Flat screen games are just not engaging and immersive enough for me any more. Using even a mouse now seems so disconnected, not sure I can ever go back.

I may have to hang up my hat on this one.

Yup, I'm the same since getting my Rift just over two years ago. Flat gaming is dead to me, it just isn't the same playing the game on a telly compared to be INSIDE the game.

With regards to Red Dead Redemption 2 I can't see it coming to the PC. The first game didn't, did it? Unless I missed it?

nrosko
Superstar
No it didn't but the first was exclusive i think the second is out on the xbox as well. plus there are those PC/Oculus related files they found in the game so who knows. 

pyroth309
Visionary

snowdog said:

I have been trying to play it on my Sons Xbox and although it is a great game, the bit that should be the best part, shooting people is as boring and as awkward as hell.

I think even with a mouse it is going to fall flat for me now. I was playing Fallout VR last night and the experience is on a whole new level. 

Flat screen games are just not engaging and immersive enough for me any more. Using even a mouse now seems so disconnected, not sure I can ever go back.

I may have to hang up my hat on this one.

Yup, I'm the same since getting my Rift just over two years ago. Flat gaming is dead to me, it just isn't the same playing the game on a telly compared to be INSIDE the game.

With regards to Red Dead Redemption 2 I can't see it coming to the PC. The first game didn't, did it? Unless I missed it?

A big part of the reason they didn't port it is because the game code was a mess and was specifically engineered for that console tier. First Red dead was on Xbox360 also. That barrier isn't there anymore for them in 2018 so I'd say theres' a better chance of it coming to PC but I wouldn't hold my breath either.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
I think they will bring it to PC given how successful GTA V is online on the PC. There were reasons the first Read Dead Redemption couldn't be brought to PC, but there's no reason why this one can't be and PC players are eager for it. They would sell loads of copies for the PC, so they would be a bit stupid not to bring it to the PC after the success of GTA V. Problem is it's going to take a while 6 months minimum..

cybereality
Grand Champion
I actually like the Xbox One controller, and use it on the PC. While mouse certainly has better accuracy for first person shooter games, I would posit the Xbox gamepad is better for everything else. For example, try playing a racing game with the mouse and keyboard, not so great. Or try doing careful movement in a 3rd person game (lets say walking slowly on a high beam) which is very difficult with WASD but easy with an analog stick. Also, using your pinky finger to press the Control key to crouch is horrible. Even worse if you are trying to do special techniques (like jumping and then crouching to get on a box in an FPS, or running and sliding in a parkour game). The gamepad IMO is better in almost every way (except for aiming a gun).
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
I'm going to try a few PC games with the XBox controller. I'm going to start using it with The Witcher because Mouse & Keyboard suck in that game..

pyroth309
Visionary

I actually like the Xbox One controller, and use it on the PC. While mouse certainly has better accuracy for first person shooter games, I would posit the Xbox gamepad is better for everything else. For example, try playing a racing game with the mouse and keyboard, not so great. Or try doing careful movement in a 3rd person game (lets say walking slowly on a high beam) which is very difficult with WASD but easy with an analog stick. Also, using your pinky finger to press the Control key to crouch is horrible. Even worse if you are trying to do special techniques (like jumping and then crouching to get on a box in an FPS, or running and sliding in a parkour game). The gamepad IMO is better in almost every way (except for aiming a gun).

I see your point and I guess a lot of it is just preference. No argument from me on racing or simulator type games for the most part. I'm actually much better with a mouse/keyboard in Rocket league than controller, but other than that, controller does perform better for most. I prefer specialized flight or driving peripherals over both though. 

Careful movement can be had to an extent with key tapping but I do agree it won't be as precise for really small movements. As far as control key to crouch, couldn't agree more that it's horrible. Mine always gets remapped immediately. I guess I'm just weird because I prefer WASD for the vast majority of games over controllers (and i've used them all). I actually prefer to dark souls with keyboard/mouse as I like being able to spin the camera fast after dodging attacks to get some more hits in behind. The biggest pro to WASD to me is the immediate response from keys vs having to move an analog stick across its axis to get the same response. Now granted this can also be a negative in some situations, but I've gotten good at hyper tapping my keys and I can give fairly precise movements, enough that it's not a disadavantage except in the most niche of situations.