cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retiring from mod

Blyss4226
Rising Star
I didn't really know the best way to do this but because this community was quite kind to me I thought I would post about this publicly. Basically this thread is just to say that I am retiring from my Volunteer Moderator position. Not like I ever did much -.- Honestly very quickly after I was given the position my life got flipped upside down. I sent the other mods a message saying I'd be out of commission for a while but that I intended to come back. However I can see that's not gonna happen now. There is just too much going on in my life. Way too much for a single thread. Just about everything that could possibly go wrong is or has and I'm well beyond my ability to handle it and honestly I'm not gonna do very well if it continues like this. I'm scared for myself and my future because I simply cannot do all this. I've had a LOT of help from my friends, but it's still not enough. It's a scenario designed for me to fail, honestly. That's just how the stars aligned so to speak. The world is cruel like that sometimes.

VR was to be my escape from this unreasonable real world but it's gotten so unreasonable that I haven't even put on my Rift in over a month. On top of that it's having issues with a dim screen and I still cannot stop the damned lenses from scratching. Something's up there as my friends have checked and they do not have the issue. IDK if my lenses missed some kind of coating or what. But I have treated that thing like a child. I have babied it in every way possible. Yet my lenses literally look like someone took sandpaper to them >_< I intend to open a support ticket about it but honestly I haven't had time.

So that's that. I'm sorry I wasn't a very useful mod lol. I was kind of afraid of this when I accepted. I knew a lot of things were on the verge of happening and if they did I would have no time for it at all. Well... they did. Either way I'm still appreciative of the support I got from you guys when I shared my very personal story. And I'm sorry I never made that hat eating video XD. I wish you all the best and if things ever settle down in my life maybe I will start appearing here again!

Now I will ping @cybereality just so he knows what's up.
Gaming: Intel i7 3770k @ 4.2Ghz | R9 290 | 16GB RAM | 240GB SSD | 1 TB HDD Server: AMD FX 6300 @ 4.4Ghz | GT 610 | 8GB RAM | 240GB SSD | 320GB HDD
19 REPLIES 19

dc2889
Expert Protege
best of luck to you may things get better from this point on 

vannagirl
Consultant
I am very sorry to hear you are having so many issues.
Getting though things is about taking on one battle at a time sometimes, i hope you will be okay

Never talk yourself down though only up ❤️

Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 

kzintzi
Trustee
good luck mate - hope it gets better
Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
You've had constant battles with those lenses man then the coke spilling incident..oh the highs and lows. I hope you can get the lens sorted at least somehow although I'm not sure how favourable Oculus support will be for something that is likely to be classed as "user error". As for the rest of your post. Any excuse to get out of eating your hat eh!

Nah only kidding. Remember not all days are equal so if one day you feel like shit there will be others where the outlook is much better. Never give up hope or positive thinking. But yes you can give up your mod status as that's meaningless in the grand scheme of things. I'm sure if you returned and felt up for it then it would be reinstated. 

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hope everything gets better for you man!  ❤️

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Good luck with whatever you've got to deal with, and I hope things improve for you.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

GenetixStudio
Superstar
I've definitely been in a few major low spots through out my life. Especially when I was going through most of my 20's (Not sure how old you are Blyss, but damn those 20's) - some days it's hard to much of any light or future - especially when the view looks scratched or scuffed up.

It does get better, things do change, and you come back to what you love at some point.

Wish you luck and positive thoughts wherever you are in life. There is always community here.

ThreeDeeVision
Superstar
Sorry to hear you are having a rough go of it Blyss.  I hope you are able to find some good in all the bad situations.
i7 5960X @ 3.8 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 PC2800 | GTX Titan X Pascal | Win 10 64 bit | Asus ROG PG348Q | EVGA X99 Classified

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Head up @Blyss4226 - what doesn't kill you makes you Godzilla

@ThreeDeeVision you retiring soon as well? Just curious :wink: