cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rick and Morty

Anonymous
Not applicable
Any Rick and Morty fans care to talk about the show?

How about the first time you watched it?

For me I was out of Canada in Franklin Pennsylvania for work training - it was the first time I had ever flown on an airplane, been away from home and on my own and the 2nd time I had been to the States. It was December 2013 - and I was in my hotel room unable to sleep and decided to turn on some American TV... and they had the Cartoon Network. The first few minutes I was repulsed by the show - the constant burping made me sick but the animation was so good and by the end of the show I was hooked.

I head home to Calgary leaving Toronto literally an hour or two before an ice storm hit that made National news - when I got back home, all I could talk about was this cartoon, but I couldn't convince anyone I knew to watch it for months, but when they finally watched it them got hooked too. I am surprised how big it has gotten considering how far out the show actually is, I buy all the Rick and Morty memorabilia that I can.

Which is why Virtual Rick-ality is a big reason why I bought a Rift, I mean sure it is the most expensive episode of the series -

but it is totally worth it, it's canon!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szzVlQ653as

3 REPLIES 3

Duncan_Disorder
Protege
I first discovered it at the start of S02 on Adult Swim and was hooked instantly. 

Aptly, I think the show breaks the laws of physics, just like Rick, because it exceeds the sum of its parts. Its imaginative spin on sci-fi feels fresh, yet remains true to the sci-fi genre. While at the same time, it practically reinvents the genre. It takes animation to new depths and in many ways, redefines that genre too. 

Rick is the realest of realists, despite the fact that he ditches reality when the going gets too tough. At the same time, he's fully aware of this and he's good with it. Or, appears to be. 

The back stories work seamlessly into the overall plot. 

The true test of its genius was the fact it had become iconic by the end of the second season. 21 episodes overflowing with songs, one liners and memorable characters. Garga blarg blarg! That line cracks me up every time I hear it and it's not even English, it's Garblovian! 

One my favourite episodes is S02 E02 Mortynight Run. Jerry is in Jerryboree, while Morty is trying to help fart get home. Everything about that episode is genius.   

Anonymous
Not applicable
Love that episode - the factory tint settings are always too high.

I remember reading a theory that essentially Rick realizes that he is on a TV show and there are enough 4th wall breaking stabs to support it.

My favorite episode is probably - The Ricklantis Mixup (Tales from the Citadel) S3E7, it is amazing how versatile the show is. The last Sci-Fi cartoon to do this was Futurama - which does not come close to the level of insanity in Rick and Morty. I love how nihilistic the show is - and that is what surprises me the most about it's popularity. The fact that the main protagonists are in reality completely unlikable - which is a formula that basically killed Arrested Development back in the day. Yet it only seems to be growing in popularity - I think it is due in part to the animation being so ridiculously great, I mean each episode feels like an animated movie and less like a cartoon.

Wubba Lubba Dub Dub!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
70 more episodes confirmed!!!!!!!!!!!

So excited - Wubba Lubba Dub Dub!!!

https://twitter.com/JustinRoiland