cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Someone give me a cool free game or a very cheap game to put my interest back in VR

Log_a_Frog
Heroic Explorer
It is just not happening for me. 
What are people's thoughts on a good cheap game get me back into it.
20 REPLIES 20

isla9
Explorer
I highly doubt a cheap game will get you back into it 😕 It's more likely to be an expensive one that puts your faith back 😄

Luciferous
Consultant
Did you play lone Echo?

BeastyBaiter
Superstar
War Thunder, it's free. Dust off the old xbox controller or use a joystick if you have one and hop into simulator battles. It isn't a particularly good flight sim, but it is free. It is a good game though, can easily hold those who are competitive for a very, very long time.

JoeManji08
Heroic Explorer
Depends on what you consider cheap... if you mean significantly less than the standard $40 VR game, Onward is $25 and has the most hours logged in my library.  About 4 times the current runner-up (Battle of Stalingrad).

If you mean $5 or less, I've got nothing; sorry.  Closest is Fruit Ninja at $15.

Log_a_Frog
Heroic Explorer

Depends on what you consider cheap... if you mean significantly less than the standard $40 VR game, Onward is $25 and has the most hours logged in my library.  About 4 times the current runner-up (Battle of Stalingrad).

If you mean $5 or less, I've got nothing; sorry.  Closest is Fruit Ninja at $15.

I consider cheap around 20 to 25

Siilk
Adventurer

I consider cheap around 20 to 25

Hmm... In that case try Vanishing Realms or House of Dying Sun. Both are $20 US on steam and are quite fun, each in their own way.

BeastyBaiter
Superstar
Dead Effect 2 VR is well worth a look. It's my favorite VR shooter so far, current price is $25 on steam and unlike most VR games, it is a "full" game offering many hours of fun. As far as I'm aware, it is the first traditional PC shooter that has been fully ported to VR. It isn't a cut down version or half baked, they did it right.

Log_a_Frog
Heroic Explorer

Dead Effect 2 VR is well worth a look. It's my favorite VR shooter so far, current price is $25 on steam and unlike most VR games, it is a "full" game offering many hours of fun. As far as I'm aware, it is the first traditional PC shooter that has been fully ported to VR. It isn't a cut down version or half baked, they did it right.

Ok ill check it out

Luciferous
Consultant
Dead Effect 2 VR does look great. Not sure how this sneaked in under the Forum radar.

JoeManji08
Heroic Explorer
Now that I know what range you're looking at, definitely go with Dead Effect, Onward, and Doom 3 BFG mod if you haven't tried any of those and like shooters.  If you only want one for now, I would get Dead Effect if you want a single player campaign with a good story as far as shooters go.  Kind of like Borderlands: shooter with significant RPG elements, lots of weaon choices/upgrades and character powers/upgrades/armor.