cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Official Films Thread

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well bollocks, we've got a telly thread so I thought I'd create one for films too.

I'm currently working my way through Movies With A Twist Collection 3 which I downloaded years ago from TPB. All of those torrents are now dead which is a shame because I didn't get around to downloading Collection 4. I'm downloading all of those separately which is a hassle but will be worth it in the end going by 1-3 so far.

Am in the middle of watching Law Abiding Citizen, I think I've seen it before but i was so long ago I've forgotten what happens.

The problem with watching these films knowing that there's a twist makes it easy to work out what the twist in question is so probably better if you watch them without that knowledge lol

Here's a list of some of my all-time favourite films of all-time in no particular order:

Brazil
The Life Of Brian
The Holy Grail
The Meaning Of Life
Star Wars
The Empire Strikes Back
Lifeforce (a terrible film but the female lead vampire spends most of it naked lol)
All Lethal Weapons
All Die Hards
Every Dirty Harry Film
The Jungle Book (the Disney original)
Pi
Falling Down (just for the McDonalds scene lmfao)
Silent Running
Logan's Run
All 60s-70s Planet Of The Apes
Soylent Green

Am going to stop there otherwise this post is going to be HUGE lol

583 REPLIES 583

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
I just wrapped up "Haunting of Hill House" on Netflix great damn series, especially for Halloween!

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
I've been watching some crap lately and I'm in need of a good film. Seen most of the ones listed here, so keep the good ones coming. I hate seeing a film that starts of good and then becomes ridiculous with about 30 mins left. I'd just prefer them to be ridiculous from start to finish and that way I could turn off 15 mins into the film..

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Zenbane said:

I just wrapped up "Haunting of Hill House" on Netflix great damn series, especially for Halloween!

Yup, did see all episodes of that series last week, it was a great show. Still need to catch up on the latest season of Better Call Saul, though... 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Panda_Kanda
Explorer
My favorite movies would be:
The Fountain
Big Fish
The Fall
Moonrise Kingdom
Apocalypto
Emelie from Montmartre
Across the Universe
Sin City
Inception

Digikid1
Consultant
Just grabbed an old classic on iTunes.

Flight of the Navigator.

Good movie.  Brings back memories.

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
Well our favourite for years (Mrs Brix and I) was The Last Boy Scout, closely followed by Zulu.

These days we tend to watch The Bank Job, Departed, Street Kings and Animal House more than anything else.

https://youtu.be/c417t_pXz-w

Excellent picture 🙂

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
I know there aren't too many Walking Dead fan's here, but tonights episode is my favorite episode in a long time. I feel that they just revived the show. We shall see!

Digikid1
Consultant
The Hitmans Bodyguard...

that is one funny movie. LMAO

Luciferous
Consultant

Digikid1 said:

Just grabbed an old classic on iTunes.

Flight of the Navigator.

Good movie.  Brings back memories.

Not to spoil the memory but a chap once told me in the book the computer kills the boy when he tries to link to him and all the boys memories goes into the AI. What a different movie that would of been eh.

Napagady
Protege
The Purge