cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Official Films Thread

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well bollocks, we've got a telly thread so I thought I'd create one for films too.

I'm currently working my way through Movies With A Twist Collection 3 which I downloaded years ago from TPB. All of those torrents are now dead which is a shame because I didn't get around to downloading Collection 4. I'm downloading all of those separately which is a hassle but will be worth it in the end going by 1-3 so far.

Am in the middle of watching Law Abiding Citizen, I think I've seen it before but i was so long ago I've forgotten what happens.

The problem with watching these films knowing that there's a twist makes it easy to work out what the twist in question is so probably better if you watch them without that knowledge lol

Here's a list of some of my all-time favourite films of all-time in no particular order:

Brazil
The Life Of Brian
The Holy Grail
The Meaning Of Life
Star Wars
The Empire Strikes Back
Lifeforce (a terrible film but the female lead vampire spends most of it naked lol)
All Lethal Weapons
All Die Hards
Every Dirty Harry Film
The Jungle Book (the Disney original)
Pi
Falling Down (just for the McDonalds scene lmfao)
Silent Running
Logan's Run
All 60s-70s Planet Of The Apes
Soylent Green

Am going to stop there otherwise this post is going to be HUGE lol

583 REPLIES 583

Streamo123
Honored Guest

Hi to everyone!

I really enjoyed watching "The Wolf of Wall Street". Probably because it's a Leonardo DiCaprio movie, and I love him as an actor. But also because I think it portrays the work at the Wall Street and as an broker pretty good.

The movie is really long, so you should have enough time to watch ist. If you want to know more about this movie, and where you can stream it, you can easily find it here on this website.

It is an german website, but you can either change the language to English, or translate it with Google translate.

I hope you enjoy watching "The Wolf of Wall Street" as much as I did.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

My 9-year-old son and I have been enjoying the tapes for years:

Screen_Shot_2014-10-20_at_11.16.00_PM.0.0.jpg

91AMHe8+g5L._SL1500_.jpg

- finally thought he was old enough to see the movies: 

- thus we just saw the movies. I never was fond of the second movie, but seeing it again was a much better experience. Also saw the 2D versions this time (upscaled to 4K by the TV) - these movies are extremely colorful, and the Sony Triluminos effects kicked in like never before 😄 

So if you didn't like it the first time, maybe it's time to re-watch the movie? Might not be bad seeing both movies within a week or two, makes it easier to connect some dots. Or maybe I was too sober the first time I watched Vol. 2, lol - this time I did get some help from one of these bad boys which arrived last week, lol (highly recommended, 17% is hard to find with Zinfandel/Primitivo - and these are rated 4.4 on Vivino = among the top 1% of red wines in the world):

20210415_161704.jpg

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Just saw that the Danish movie "Another Round" won an Oscar for the best international movie - so just bought it on blu-ray, 4K version doesn't seem to exist:

- and bought this one too on blu-ray - for my youngest son, it also just won an Oscar for the best animated movie:

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD

the-alfred-hitchcock-classics-collection_499839.jpg

This one took 2 months to arrive, but just got it. Saw Psycho first, really enjoyed it on the 85" 100Hz, even if it's a black & white movie. 1000 Hz MotionFlow did make the movie come alive - surely quite a lot more lifelike than in any theater in the 1960s, lol. 

I saw the new Uncut version (restored in 4K) - not really sure what was added after watching the movie, but here it is 😉

kojack
MVP
MVP

Nice.

Although my favourite Hitchcock movie is North By Northwest.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

N by NW is awesome - we started with Vertigo, but only had it on DVD - not bad though. We'll probably take a look a some birds tonight before going for the rear window, lol. 

kojack
MVP
MVP

I watched Army of the Dead today.

It's another Zack Snyder zombie movie, like his Dawn Of The Dead remake (which I enjoyed, that opening sequence was awesome), but this one is an original story.

I don't think the two are connected though, this doesn't appear to be a sequel or prequel.

It wasn't bad. Lots of plot holes, but it's gory, stupid fun.

The zombies have been upgraded a bit. Kind of like Land Of The Dead did, but better. 🙂

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Looks good, thanks, I'll check it out later.

Also have the Zack Snyder Justice League 4K disc in the mail - maybe time for some awesome Snyder entertainment next week! 🙂

kojack
MVP
MVP

So, found out a couple of interesting things about Army Of The Dead (mostly from the Red Letter Media review).

First: Tig Notaro, who was great in it, wasn't in it originally. Her character was actually a guy, but sexual hassassment allegations came out about the actor. But the entire movie was finished shooting. So Zack digitally replaced the actor with Tig, who was filmed on a green screen alone.

Next, I'm not sure how I missed this, but the script is a rip off of Aliens.

Finally, one of the cameras used to film the movie has a stuck white pixel just left of the centre. It appears and disappears throughout the movie. Very obvious in the dark scenes. I thought my tv had a stuck pixel, until I checked more carefully. I can image it driving RuneSR2 in particular crazy. 🙂

Yup, probably would annoy me - very few things in this world are worse than a dead pixel! 😬 😂